Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody! Made your camping and off-roading plans for Veterans Day weekend yet? If not, give the folks at the Glamis North KOA a call and reserve your spot right away.
For those who have not been there before, this is a full hook-up campground that caters to us off-roaders. Ride directly from your campsite. All pull through spaces are 120' long X 50' wide, with 30/50 amp electrical, and will accommodate 2 rigs on one site. The back in spaces near the newly finished pools are 120' long X 30' wide. There are 14 hot tubs/soaking tubs and 4 swimming pools, including 2 "flow through" mineral water pools, the only ones in California. These pools are completely chemical free(no acid or chlorine, or salt), artesian well fed so they continually turn over with fresh water throughout the day, and have no sulphur or odors. Don't feel like cooking after a long day of riding? No problem. Head up to Sassy's restaurant and enjoy a hot meal and a cold beer or wine.

I have put together a long geocache based Poker Run for Saturday that everyone will enjoy. We did this poker run over the Halloween weekend and it was a big hit with all those who took part. Bring your bikes, quads, buggys/rails, Jeeps and come out for a long weekend of desert riding fun and exploring places such as the Oasis, Bat Caves, Pinnacles, the old Miners Cabin, Hotel California, Salvation Mountain, or make the drive up the Red Canyon Trail to Chiriaco Summit for breakfast. If you also want the Glamis sand, Mammoth Wash is a short drive south from your base here at the KOA. Don't forget to bring your GPS! If you are a geocacher, there are loads of caches to be found out here.

For those who are going to ask, no, I do not work for them. I am just an enthusiast who along with my family enjoys all that is offered at the Glamis North KOA. We've been coming here since it first opened in 2008, and I just want others to check it out as well. If you do come out here, be sure to stop by space 113 and say hi and we'll share a cold one and I'll help you out with some great places to see out here.

Scott

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Been there a few times, it is nice!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Can you get to the dunes with paddles from the KOA?
I wouldn't, besides the dunes you end up at on the north end are small. You would have a blast on the long, flat pole line roads though, with the R1.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you get to the dunes with paddles from the KOA?
No, you can't drive to the dunes from the campground with paddles on. Mammoth Wash is south of the campground and most people who want paddles usually trailer their rides down there. If you don't need paddles, you can easily drive there. It's about 20 miles. This area is mostly good desert riding.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Look for us, we will be in the Bradshaw trail area on Saturday, so say hi if you see use! La Familia Ride all weekend and Little Rubicon Saturday night! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts