Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time has come that I have to part with my Rhino. I lost my job and now I am forced to work a part time minimum wage job and can't afford anything of use, or anything I enjoy anymore. Not to mention the worst loan company in the world GE Money Bank has once again screwed me. Last months statement and this month's statement have the exact same balance after paying over $300 on the last statement, then to top that off GE Money is quoting $200 more on the loan than what the statement says, then they refuse to even try and work with me by moving the due date from the 3rd of the month to the 5th of the month when I get paid. So I will be parting from the forum. Its been a great experience, and I thank everyone for their help and great information here.

Take care everyone. :cry:

·
Registered
395 Posts
X 2.....these big banks need to have there ass kicked....most of our country is on public assistance....and the last few that have a job it all goes to the big banks...with there interest and late fees...its time for a new revolution

·
Registered
181 Posts
As I see it WildBill you earned my respect by manin' up on a public forum and doing what needs to be done.Good luck to you and your family and keep your head up.

It will work out for you eventually.

·
Banned
833 Posts
X 2.....these big banks need to have there ass kicked....most of our country is on public assistance....and the last few that have a job it all goes to the big banks...with there interest and late fees...its time for a new revolution
x3 ... I hate to hear this ... you can always still hang out on here with us =)

You aren't interested in body work ... or moving to WV are you?!?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
x3 ... I hate to hear this ... you can always still hang out on here with us =)

You aren't interested in body work ... or moving to WV are you?!?
I don't know a single thing about body work, I can barely afford to drive 4 miles across town to goto work, plus I still have a 3 year obligation to the Idaho Army National Guard.

Thank you for the offer man but the only way I'm surviving right now is because I am living with my mom and grandfather without any rent or utility bills, my rent payment is home maintenance and yard maintenance.

My only next step is bankruptcy and I can't even afford to do that.

I appreciate everyone's well wishes, and trust me it is very hard to say anything to anyone about my horrible life, but it is what it is and I wish this on absolutely anyone.

Bill
:cry:

·
Registered
522 Posts
If the only major problems you have are money related, you're doing great, whether you realize it or not.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Best of luck to you. Keep your head up high, it will all work out in the end, no matter how cliche it sounds. Objects are replaceable but family and life is not, so take care of what you have to take care of, and best of luck to you!

·
Registered
144 Posts
x4 keep your head up and never give up
trust and believe it will all come back.
Believe in this Wildbill, it works. 23yrs ago I lost my job. Married with a mortgage. Took a job for much less money, paid the bills and thats it. Changed career paths, and kepted moving forward. Havent looked back. Got divorced, lost everything, started over again. 10 yrs later I got a good woman with a 8 yr old, I'll never be rich, but home has never been better. Cherish the time with your mom, mine are both gone But I'd trade everything for a day with them. Keep your head up and walk proud you'll be ok. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Wildbill!
what kind of work do you do (or want to do)?

I work as a technical sales rep across 4 southern states and the #1 complaint I hear from my customers is the inability to find RELIABLE workers...
always an excuse...no ride, no alarm clock, can't wake up, etc etc..

If you want to work, and want to hustle, you can do it!
what skills do you have that we can help you sell?

waltinbatonrouge

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Wildbill, I am sorry to hear of your situation. Have been in the no job place before. We are still trying to recover 2 plus years later. It is very difficult, but doable. Keep you head up. You are a stand up guy. This is a hard thing to acknowledge especially publically. Try to enjoy the time with your family. In the end you will make it through.. You can hang in here with us for sure. We are an easy bunch on here and I cannot speak to the rest but I am cheap to hang with if you can stay on line.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My jobs mainly are dead end jobs due to never having the opportunity to goto college and seek a degree. In high school I was really into technology, I took a 1 year Cisco Networking course, I worked for the school district as a tech support and network support person. The longest job I had was working at the local national guard armory as a supply assistant, then they moved me into working as a Readiness and Training NCO which didn't work out and that was the end of my 5 year job. They absolutely refused to give any of us any training and access to programs we needed on a daily basis but trying to tell them they needed to change their boneheaded ways never worked, so because I "Didn't fit into their cool group" I was fired.

Plus when they fired me, they were supposed to cut off my orders in 23 days which they failed to do so I ended up overpaid, so now when I goto my 1 weekend a month drill I go home with a $29 pay check, not even enough to put gas in my truck. If they hadn't screwed me on overpaying me then taking all the money back I wouldn't be in this mess.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation. I can say however, If there is any manufacturing (machine shops) in your area try to worm your way into one. Machinists are a dying breed and the best ones are the ones that have worked their way up from the bottom. Machining is a hands on job that can take you a long ways. Good luck man! keep your chin up!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Bill, I also do not have a degree so don't let that sway you.. You have been workng and have plenty of Skill DO NOT UNDERSELL YOURSELF. Not to sound trite.. Catalog what you love to do, like to do and CAN DO... THen GO AFTER IT! Took me 11 months and still looking for the job I want !

·
Registered
306 Posts
THe secret to getting what you want, is going after it with a vengence.
You call those G.E. people everyday, until you get in touch with someone that WILL work with you.
You need another part-time job ,to fill in where the other part time job leaves out. There's jobs out there, you need to look harder
Bankruptcy is not the answer.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Oh trust me I've been looking. Obviously some people think that everyone can just open their eyes every morning and a job will be right there for them. With me its just not the case. I've always had an extremely hard time finding a job. Which is why I joined the military which has turned out to be the biggest waste of time in the world with their double standards for people who suck up and spend time under certain peoples' desks.

In reality I don't have any credible experience work wise other than McDonalds and the military. Of course anything done in the military give absolutely no relation to getting a job in the civilian market. The civilian sectors hires based upon xxx numbers of experience they don't care that someone is more reliable they would rather hire based on experience, not that that even matters given what I've seen in high paying jobs that these companies call great employees.

Where I live in order to get a job you have to know someone who knows someone who's been under that someone's desk. If you aren't drinking buddies with these business owners you don't get ****. Idaho is a right to work state meaning in reality you don't have a right to anything period.

A friend of mine might be going back to his previous employer and if he does he's giving me his paper route, which would be about a 4 hour a night job 7 days a week. I told him I'd take it. However I'm looking at my only vehicle going how the hell am I supposed to afford that LOL. The only thing I have is a 1/2 ton truck. So I may get a paycheck or 2 from that then look for a cheap POS car to use. Anyone here have experience with paper routes at all?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bill, where in Idaho are you? I grew up on the oregon coast. I know what a bad economy is like. I know there are jobs in elko in the gold mines, and in the oilfields of wyoming and north dakota. many of which don't require experience. getting a cdl wouldn't be a bad idea either and its a quick leg up that many employers in all fields..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts