Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys I just bought a 04 rhino from my b-inlaw.440 miles.he just putted around with it.one time he had a problem with fuel on a hot day.mem.day 90degrees.I could not keep it running. quit 3or4 times.had to wait it out. when I got it I changed all fluids,plug cleaned an oiled air filter,added msd charge new fuel filter.today I put on some clear tubing to watch it.lots of bubbles Ialso added a marine primer bulb to help on starts after it sits for a while.at a little higher idle it spits back through carb and dies.seems more fuel goes thru return line than carb so pump is working ok i guess.I would like to see pic.of y fitting placement.mine is same as factory diagram.Don,t mind throwing money at it but if I cant get this worked out I,ll sell it on a cool day and go back to my trv artic cat !!!sorry for long post but I needed to vent also.thanks.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Mark...

I will get all squared away and running tip top...no problem...

Did you get your MSD from us... ???

We sell this kit... Fuel Delivery Kit Rhino 660

Putting clear lines on and spotting the problem is at least 50% of the battle...

I hope you used fuel rated hose...

pm me your email and I will look at pics of what you have and give you tips on how to improve what you have and if you need products I'll recommend them...

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
hey guys I just bought a 04 rhino from my b-inlaw.440 miles.he just putted around with it.one time he had a problem with fuel on a hot day.mem.day 90degrees.I could not keep it running. quit 3or4 times.had to wait it out. when I got it I changed all fluids,plug cleaned an oiled air filter,added msd charge new fuel filter.today I put on some clear tubing to watch it.lots of bubbles Ialso added a marine primer bulb to help on starts after it sits for a while.at a little higher idle it spits back through carb and dies.seems more fuel goes thru return line than carb so pump is working ok i guess.I would like to see pic.of y fitting placement.mine is same as factory diagram.Don,t mind throwing money at it but if I cant get this worked out I,ll sell it on a cool day and go back to my trv artic cat !!!sorry for long post but I needed to vent also.thanks.
Mark, The Y needs to look up(return line port). What fuel pump and jet are you running? Make sure the roll over valve is clean(its located near the fuel pump). The next time it dies unscrew the gas cap and see if it helps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stock carb and fuel lines.the y hooks to short fuel line on bottom of pump the return line and carb line point straight out towards the front of motor.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
stock carb and fuel lines.the y hooks to short fuel line on bottom of pump the return line and carb line point straight out towards the front of motor.
The return line port of the y needs to point up. It should also loop higher than the fuel pump to help from loosing prime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts