Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am working on a 2007 Rhino 660 sport. It is cutting out at high RPM's going up hill, backfiring and ultimately stalling with an extended crank time for restart. I was going to order a fuel pump / carb combo. I also noticed a small crack in the vacuum line coming from the air box and running to the crankcase assembly. I can't find any info about the sizing of the vacuum lines on this.

Does any sort of kit exist to replace all vacuum lines or does anyone know which ones I should be chasing down for this problem specifically?

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I am working on a 2007 Rhino 660 sport. It is cutting out at high RPM's going up hill, backfiring and ultimately stalling with an extended crank time for restart. I was going to order a fuel pump / carb combo. I also noticed a small crack in the vacuum line coming from the air box and running to the crankcase assembly. I can't find any info about the sizing of the vacuum lines on this.

Does any sort of kit exist to replace all vacuum lines or does anyone know which ones I should be chasing down for this problem specifically?

Thanks!
Well that could sure do it, The dedicated line from intake manifold to the pump has to be fully sealed or the pump can't work. I'd replace that one alone for now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that could sure do it, The dedicated line from intake manifold to the pump has to be fully sealed or the pump can't work. I'd replace that one alone for now.
What’s the best way to match up the vacuum lines for a new one? They don’t seem readily available at the online parts stores on the diagrams anyway. Best to just take it off and match up the inside and outside diameters to anything I can find online? Vacuum lines have to be a certain thickness or material to not collapse under vacuum, so how do I ensure I find the correct one?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am sorry, I misread your post. I believe you are talking about the crankase breather tube. About1/2 inch in outisde diameter?

If so, it would not do what you are doing. It would be messy with blow by from the engine, but you could even run without that hose in a bind

You may want to have someone with some experience with it listen to it. It could be a plug, coil, or CDI, or potentially the fuel pump. Does it get worse as the engine gets hot and OK for the first 5-10 minutes? What does the spark plug look like?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts