Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I give credit where credit is due...I ordered a fan overide swith , and a temp gauge kit. (also a reverse light harness too...haven't put it on yet) I never expected to get such "plug-and-play" kits sent to me!! VERY good instructions (all the wires were labeled) with color pictures...everything I needed, including the zip-ties!! Two thumbs up to the guys at UTV Inc.!!

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
they do make a nice kits, BUT sorry you don't need a relay and 10th of wire for an override switch...

did you get an inline sending unit for your water temp gauge?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I got one....kinda skeptical of the location though...seems like it would be more accurate closer to the engine?!? I never realized the thing ran as warm as it does...the fan doesn't kick on till almost 210...is that the norm for 700's? I can manually turn on the fan and bring it down below 150.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drivers side radiator hose, right behind the shock...like the directions say...dunno...incriments on the gauge are BIG !!! What should a stock 700 run?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
My 08 700 reads about the same. Fan comes on when the gauge reads 210 then goes off around 190.
The only thing is though was when Chris at Benchmark was mapping it after the mod's. he noticed that according to the computer the gauge was reading about 20 deg. high.
Autometer gauges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
The gauge will sometimes read 215 when pulling hills with a full load.
I must say though that with the addition of the fan over ride switch the temps stay down around 180 or lower doing the same riding.

Again I think it's the gauge. I've tried 2 different styles of Autometer gauges with different sending units but keeping the same inconsistent readings compared to what the computer is reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I kinda figured it was the gauge reading a little high...have a buddy w/a RZR (his has a temp gauge from factory)....he said his gets up to 200+ before the fan kicks on as well. I would think if anything, it should read a little lower spliced in out by the radiator, than if it were closer to the engine. I know fuel injection engines are supposed to run a certain temp for all of the electonic crap to function properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts