Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Okay I got the word that we can have our own class if I can get enough people to register!

So please contact me via PM and I will give you all the details.

We're looking for modified UTV's that will make it up the hill in under 15 minutes. To give you an idea I ran a turbocharged 900 big bore the first year at 100 rwhp and I ran a 14.0.

So if you have a modified SXS and you're looking to cross off this event on your bucket list then give me a shout!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can register before the end of the year it will be $800. If we get 6 people to register then they will give us our own class and will drop the fee and refund the difference.

I'm not sure what the UTV Class entry fee will be, but I'm thinking something like $400 to $600. The longer you wait the higher the pricing gets and the less chance that we'll actually get our class. Right now we have three guys signed up and we just need three more.

An SR1 would be wicked! Please let me know if you think you can do it!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What was your top speeds like with the Turbo 900? Have you ran it with the Apex?
Top speed with the 900 was like 75 mph. This year I GPS'd the Apex at 97 mph. I've got a timer on my video and that combined with my practice time for the last section would have put me at an 11 minute time if I hadn't vapor locked :/

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds cool - but no guard rails freaks me out - lol!! I will just watch the coverage....good luck, you guys!
There's guard rails, in places :D

You should really think about it because the feeling of accomplishment is indescribable and makes it all worth while!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you're thinking about doing this, please get with me ASAP!

New Entry Deadline – 12/20/2011

Due to over-whelming number amount of entry applications that have been received for the 90th Race to the Clouds, the following decisions have been made:

- The new deadline for entry application for the 2012 race is now January 31, 2012. Additionally, only the first 200 entry applications that are received and complete will be reviewed by the race committee for possible invitation to participate in the 90th Race to the Clouds.

- Entry applications received between December 14, 2011 and January 31, 2012 will be acted upon by the race committee on or after January 31, 2012.

- All competitors who are accepted into the race will be notified of possible qualifying rules and other determinations of the race committee following the January 31, 2012, deadline.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts