Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So once I get the bracket to my tracks fixed and we get some snow that stays Ill be ready to give the Rhino a try in the snow on the tracks.

But I am wondering how to use them, specifically the tracks turn over a lot harder than wheels, do I need to run the Rhino with the differential lock on all the time?

Thanks

~ Phil

·
Registered
561 Posts
I very rarely run with the diff lock in when i have my tracks. I have not really ever needed it. The posi in the rear does awesome, and with it just in 4wd it steers nice and has plenty of traction.

The jbs radiator shields are definatly worth getting, not only are they awesome in mud, they work awesome with tracks to keep the snow in the fender wells and away from the winch. The difference is night and day. My winch is clear, and my dads gets buried! Well worth the money with or without tracks, mud or snow, or whatever. Check them out!

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for the info! Cant wait for snow to give them a whirl

~ Phil

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hymarker: Roughly how deep of snow have you run them in? Powder?

I am really thinking about dropping the coin on a set but I have a friend with a Ranger and he hated the tracks he had. Said he got stuck constantly. But I wonder if the weight of the machine didn't have as much to do with it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah, I bought a set of Mattracks years ago and never used them. sold them to my brother to put the money towards the down payment on my house. They are awesome, finally picked up a different brand set of tracks for myself because I had to have a set! I think the deepest we had his was in a little over 2 feet of snow. Has plenty of floatation and compacts the fresh powder nicely (after a few times over the same path it gets a lil slick, esp uphill.). Be sure to have a shovel handy for the deep drifts and when ya break through covered water crossings.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hymarker: Roughly how deep of snow have you run them in? Powder?

I am really thinking about dropping the coin on a set but I have a friend with a Ranger and he hated the tracks he had. Said he got stuck constantly. But I wonder if the weight of the machine didn't have as much to do with it.
I have been in about 4- 6 feet of snow, deep enough when you get out it takes some effort to get back in. Type of tracks, driving technique, snow conditions all play a major factor in how much snow you can go through. If you start spinning, you will get stuck, but if you stop and back up and hit it again, you can usually break through. And ALWAYS carry a shovel with you. They are very impressive and a lot of fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.