Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

using a grizzly cdi in a rhino

16K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  Rob Tebworth 
#1 ·
i tried using a grizzly cdi in my rhino but it acted like it was stuck on the reverse revlimiter. i noticed the grizzly has an extra wire. does anyone know how to hook up the grizzly cdi in the rhino?

#8 ·
There is no way to bypass the rev limiter except to go with a aftermarket CDI, if you are talking about reverse then you can ground a green wire over by the passenger side of the engine but your reverse light won't work.

Back in the early days, using a Grizzly CDI was the only way to get by the Rhino's limiter and we had some little boxes that fixed the speedo issue.

Todd

#12 ·
You can run the 04-07 grizzly cdi in an 04 -07 rhino anytime. Like they said, no speedometer, it will read 0 mph. But will run 6-10 mph faster than stock. There is a 20 dollar mod from radio shack parts that will get the speedo back working.Todd speaks the truth. I had a 60 mph rhino when others were waiting months for thiers to hit the dealers. Thats why I keep asking if the grizz sheave will work on the 700 rhino, maybe, maybe the ecu will too???? If so some on here will not get to sell some things.

#30 ·
You can go to Tinken's signatureand download a manual just click on your engine size

#32 ·
Yes its is, you wont see any of that on iphone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.