Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am racing the King of the Hammers UTV race (I have raced KOH the last three years in my rockcrawler). I consider my self a pretty good rockcrawler, as I have done it since the late 90's and even won a regional championship.

So, just curious on what you guys who have dealt with these SXS's in the rocks are doing for axles/cv's.

Current set-up is a tubed out 2007 that is set-up for desert racing with a LSR +6.5", 26 x 9 Bighorns, built 693, etc, etc, etc.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I think Gear One makes some nice upgraded CV cages paired with the new 300m axles and you should be good.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
The best option we have found so far, is running stock everything, and 300M rear shafts. The 3rd place car last year has a rotax set up with about 80 hp, and didn't have any issues. That same car has been running our 300m rear axles for a ton of races throughout 2010 and 2011 with zero issues.

G-

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
The best option we have found so far, is running stock everything, and 300M rear shafts. The 3rd place car last year has a rotax set up with about 80 hp, and didn't have any issues. That same car has been running our 300m rear axles for a ton of races throughout 2010 and 2011 with zero issues.

G-
Good to hear Greg.

What about the Gorilla and Turner axle/CV setups?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I don't have any confidence left in Gorilla. The quality just isn't there. Plus, due to the design of them, more often than not, they don't get installed properly, and lots of people have issues with them popping out. The Turners are a great option, but they are very pricey, and sometimes (a lot less than gorrillas) have a tendency to pop out. But they can be modified so they are bolted in solid, and can't pop out. Those are what we use and suggest for the super high horsepower guys putting in the turbo charged 1000cc engines in the RZRs. The stock cv joints can't handle that much power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts