stock cdi....

what do i need to know as a basis to make her go faster

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
stock engine....
stock cdi....

what do i need to know as a basis to make her go faster

MSD piggy back module to raise rpm limit, and adust the fuel injection as you add other mods to motor.
Either a machined primary clutch sheeve, or for less then half the price, overdrive wedge sliders to raise top speed.
More power can be had with a duel Muzzy exhaust.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The MSD module, set up with a decent map will also improve part throttle drivabilaty. Making it more enjoyable to drive.
They way it shoulda been from Yamaha. It's not Yamahas fault I'm sure it's regulations from the government.... emissions ect.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got a new 09 rhino and am fairly new to the site and want some more speed. so what kind of performance gains can you expect from adding an msd and the sliding wedge wieghts? Also will the relability be the same as stock with these editions?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I just got a new 09 rhino and am fairly new to the site and want some more speed. so what kind of performance gains can you expect from adding an msd and the sliding wedge wieghts? Also will the relability be the same as stock with these editions?
Just about all the vendors sell the MSD unit in it's stock form,except, one I know of ,which adds a couple of his own custom fuel maps. One fine tunes the mapping for a completely stock engine, and one is set up for the dual Muzzy exhaust, which give a good power increase. They all raise the rpm limit which gives you more top speed.
The overdrive wedge sliders are fairly new, but have had no problems so far that I am aware of yet. The nice thing about them is that they cost less then half of what a machined sheeve cost. I am personally using the wedges in my 08' rhino. I gained 10 mph in the sand with those two mods alone. Next time I go out, it will be with the exhaust, so it should be a little more. By the way, my rhino is a little heavier then stock also.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
msd and utv crap sheave. now 60mph on my 700 rhino

18 mph increase, with just a machined sheeve and MSD ignition fuel controller? So, you going to tell us how you did that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts