Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tire time is coming very soon. My ITP XL Mud Lite tires are done, so I put my AT Mud Lite stock tires on to finish deer season. So.....it is time to start shopping to see which tire I want to go with. My driving conditions are clay/mud....I hunt in Santee swamp.

I know how the Mud Lite tires work, but wanted to leave my options open. In one of my searches I ran over the Tusk TriloBite tire and I liked the look of the tire. The price is not too bad, but I have read some pretty poor reviews on these tires. Of course the reviews were mixed from love them to hate them. The main complaint was thin side walls and I drive in cutdowns with stumps/sticks.

Does anyone on the forum run this tire??? If so give my your review and let me know. If you have any other suggestions please feel free and let me know why you like them.

My size plan is to run 26x9x12's on the front and 26x11x12's on the rear.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
62 Posts
i have 27in kenda executioners on my stock rhino in my opinion they are a really tough tire and wear like iron i have bout 1400 miles on my rhino and i can say about a third of its on the road and they still look like new

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
I have them, put then through the ringer, I punctured one sidewall but it was driver error as I hit a rock at speed on a bad line. but they are good, wear pretty good also. no complaints.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have them, put then through the ringer, I punctured one sidewall but it was driver error as I hit a rock at speed on a bad line. but they are good, wear pretty good also. no complaints.
Thanks for the reply.....I am just a little leary of the side wall issue. I do like the look of the tire, but I don't want to have trouble after taking the leap. It is pretty rough at my hunting club; some of the cutdowns are still fresh and they are still logging.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have 27in kenda executioners on my stock rhino in my opinion they are a really tough tire and wear like iron i have bout 1400 miles on my rhino and i can say about a third of its on the road and they still look like new
I looked at the executioners....they are probably a bit more aggressive than I am looking for. Who knows I have been considering the ITP 589's and the tread patterns are similar between the two.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I was in your shoes a while back. I went with the original Big Horns (Trilobite is a knockoff of them) and haven't had any trouble with sidewall tears.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
well when got back to camp there was a big horn that had a 3 inch hole in the sidewall lol. sometimes it doesn't matter what tire u got...

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have the Duro Powergrips. Basically the same tread pattern as the trilobite and the big horns. I've put 1500 mi of rocky trails on them with zero puntures or leaks. Still have a lot of tread left as well. I've seen the trilobites side by side with the pgrips and i think the pgrips are a better tire for less money. My .02.

·
Registered
54 Posts
All i know is the trilobites suck in the snow. Terrible for trying to plow.
Havent used them on dirt yet, id imagine they are great on dirt though.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The rims I plan on going with are the STI HD2, so I took a look at the STI tires. I like the looks of the STI Mud Trax. They do resemble the Mud Lite, so that may be why I ckecked them out. I read many reviews with nothing negative noted. I think I may have found another contender.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Check out the Sedona Ripsaw and also the Pitbulls, Both are awesome tires, IMO.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Check out the Sedona Ripsaw and also the Pitbulls, Both are awesome tires, IMO.
The Pitbull tire is a tough tire, but I did not want to put that much money into tires. I can buy new tires and rims for the price of just the Pitbull tires. I don't necessarily need new rims....I have ITP rims now, but I put the stock black rims/tires back on the Rhino and I like the look of the black rim. The STI HD2 rim is black 8 spoke....I think they would look good on the Rhino.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just picked up 4 26x10x12 tusk trilobites for my rhino seem like a good tire not too heavy either mine weighed in at 23lbs. each, I like the tens all around, was going to do 9's but thought they looked too skinny in back. These are perfect, ride good seem tough and sidewalls seem to be thicker than my zillas which I had no problems with at all can't beat the price 300 at my door. We ll see how they hold up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.