Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone run them? Just wondering if anyone has experience with them. I ordered a set of 26” for the extra set of 14” wheels as I plan on lots of gravel road and pavement driving, as it’s legal on the streets here in N Idaho. The harder compound should do well on the hardpack, without sacrificing too much in dirt and mud.

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Have never heard anything bad about them, road or dirt, several guys run them on another forum im on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
I ran them for about a 1,000 miles they worked good on what I threw at them and the price was good. I went to 26x9 on all 4 corners SunF A043

·
Registered
18 Posts
They are a great tire as long as you use them for what they are intended for. I have about 1,000 miles on a set (25X10X12 all the way around) and love them but I avoid mud at all costs (I hate trying to get mud out from every nook and cranny). They are not bad in shallow mud, they actually surprised me how well they did and I think any complaints about them in mud is trying to compare them to a mud lite in deep mud and these tires are just not intended for that. So far, I rate them as follows...

Pavement/concrete roads, hard pack dirt, soft dirt, wet dirt, rocks, gravel and ice* are all excellent.
Rock crawling is very good as long as you air them down a little.
Snow is very good and I use them for plowing.
Shallow mud is good, I haven't got stuck yet but avoid anything deep.
Sand is OK but you have to air them WAY down to like 5 PSI to even get anywhere. Used them twice at the dunes with success before getting paddle tires.
Deep mud I am told they are horrible but do not have any experience and don't wish to have any.

A word of caution! The will pinch flat VERY easy so be careful. I know first hand, I got a pinch flat the first time out when I hit an 8 inch rock just the right (or should I say wrong) way. After that, I ran my PSI real high (13 front 16 rear) until I got used to them and how they react. Now I run them 8 in front and 10 in the rear for normal driving, 6 front and 7 rear for rock crawling. I ran them at 4 or 5 for sand dunes but now have paddle tires so I don't use them in the dunes anymore.

For my use, I would definitely buy them again if my rhino lasts as long as they do (although I think I would put 25X8X12 on the front next time for better steering). 1,000 miles and I cannot see that they have even worn. I suspect I will get between 4,000 to 6,000 miles out of them.

* Yes, even ice! I was shocked when I pulled an almost solid ice hill in 4 lock that nothing else was able to tackle. I just got a good start and kept the throttle steady and went slow and sure and made it up. Everyone else was trying to power up and couldn't. I think if they just did what I did, some of them would have made it but these guys were all about power, not finesse It was hilarious, $3,000 rhino beats $30,000 Can Am. Didn't know the other people so I just rode on. The looks from them were priceless!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a follow up on these tires. They ride SO much better than the mud tires the Rhino came with. They worked great in the snow, and once business’ s open up I will start driving it to town, gas stations, lunch spots etc. since they are DOT approved tires, they will drive and wear great on pavement.
26” tires mounted on 14” wheels
5D2136AC-A1A4-4598-A812-45CE443FE2DD.png
B6DC4CE8-9A2F-4034-B00E-CCA8649B2F0E.png
5D2136AC-A1A4-4598-A812-45CE443FE2DD.png
B6DC4CE8-9A2F-4034-B00E-CCA8649B2F0E.png

1 - 5 of 5 Posts