Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on here ever equipped their Rhino with a turbo? I just noticed on eBay and Amazon how incredibly cheap they are - then read Amazon reviews which were not good at all (for the most part). I didn't even know you could add a turbo to a Rhino but guess some have with not really good results. Only curious...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Was a thing back in the 2010 timeframe when rhinos were more relevant. My understanding is reliability wasn't great, they generated a bunch of heat, and the (wet) clutching system couldn't handle the power.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good concept but according to reviews I read the bearings they use are total junk causing early failure. Too bad, would have been a nice magic bullet for increasing performance.

·
Registered
07 686, msd cdi, twin-air filter, Tyrex shocks, stage 1 hot cam, lots of old school tuning tricks
101 Posts
I think there are some detailed threads in here about turbos on rhinos. Along the same line of thinking, I wonder if anyone has done a mild NOS system to a rhino?

·
Registered
2009 Yamaha Rhino 700 Sport Edition
20 Posts
I'll let you know after a few months. I just bought a 2009 700FI a couple of weeks ago with a turbo added to it. First couple of runs have been good. Going to use it mostly for hunting and rock crawling so not going to be hitting the turbo a lot. But I'll let you guys know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts