Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm having some trouble getting my rhino tuned. It's a 09 700 I bought last year, I got a slip on exhaust and an Alba fuel controller for it along with a wideband 02 sensor and guage, it runs great with the stock exhaust and no controller but when I install the slip on it runs way lean even with the controller. I've cleaned throttle body and blew out injector with an air compressor, still the same. I recently had to rebuild top end due to smoking I went back with a 103mm 11:1 wiseco piston and rings. Still does fine with stock exhaust but I want to get it going right with my slip on, any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's running about 13-13.5 at idle then jumps off the guage when I give it throttle doesn't matter how much, but will come down to anywhere from 14-17 if I hold it constant for a second

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right after the header pipe in the u section on the slip on, I believe it's reading right because it just feels weaker with the slip on. By the way I installed my hunterworks sheave, weights, and slugs a few weeks ago, made a big difference. Definitely a happy customer

·
Registered
121 Posts
Did you set the FC so it's optimized for your slip on? I run a Two Brothers set up and my FC has specific settings for the exhaust. Reach out to Alba for the settings you need if you don't already know them.

On another note, I normally put aftermarket exhaust on all my toys.....but I don't feel the minimal gain in performance is worth the significant noise increase with my Rhino's aftermarket pipe. It's simply too loud no matter the speed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I've adjusted the FC as much as I could, something's causing it to run lean unrelated to the exhaust, but with the aftermarket one on I think it just makes it more noticeable. I don't have a sensor in my stock exhaust so I can't really get a reading besides how it feels driving. I just don't know where to start, maybe fuel pump screen, or fuel line going bad, injector going bad, idk I don't want to go replacing unnecessary expensive stuff

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Air fuel ratio guage says it is, spark plugs white, feels gutless. How do I measure the fuel pressure?

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
If it feels gutless when was the last time u serviced ur primary and secondary sheaves? Your#’s seem close to what i get on my 700 with a full muzzy exhaust and msd controller.
Is it popping when u let off the throttle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New hunterworks sheave, 16g weights, new wet clutch and slugs, and epi secondary spring all done within the last 50-60 miles. No popping when I let off

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
Sounds good, was just a suggestion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts