Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I will be getting a bigger (16ft) utility trailer so I can haul the Rhino and two quads. For those that have this trailer how do you load ? I was thinking one quad sideways upfront , Rhino longways behind it , and second quad sideways on back. That should put most weight of the rhino over the axles. Also pulling with F250 7.3 so thinking trailer brakes although a piece of mind may not be absolutely needed for this weight. Anyone else have this setup ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seems like 16' would be a little short. My rhino on a 12' trailer would not have enough room to even consider a 4 wheeler

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems like 16' would be a little short. My rhino on a 12' trailer would not have enough room to even consider a 4 wheeler

I plan on getting the ATV trailer with side rails that become ramps. Both ATVs would be sideways. Using. OEM dimensions it should fit but there will be no gaps.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well finally got the trailer and we're on our way to New Mexico after a week in Austin. They all fit but man there is less than an inch between all. So far none have moved despite one etrack strap coming loose. I removed my back window as I did not trust it on the highway plus MPG will be bad enough in the hills.

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
Was it a tire strap that came loose? I just bought this set up but im getting tire bonnets instead of a single strap that goes over the wheel

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
I pull doubles, my 5th wheel and trailer behind that with the rhino on it. I put trailer brakes on the smaller trailer cause my 7.3 doesn't hold much decel back pressure. Got everything from etrailer.com, really helped on the down hills. You would be surprised how much the weight you have will push you in an emergency. JMHO

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it was a wheel strap that attached to the etrack. I was trying not to put too much pressure on the tires. I think I just did not have it right enough. I thought about bonnets too but car ones are too expensive , new trailer , etrack , etc it started to add up fast. Actually the strap over the wheel is fine and the way I looped the loose tail around the top of tire and through wheel keeps it from falling all the way off. Heck I saw a hot shot hauling 3 cars and used same method and no bonnets. I think two holds it securely but I did all four wheels. I'm also glad I added trailer brakes as braking on the downhill at lights is helpful. I don't think this load is too much to have overdrive off on flat sections at cruising speeds. I did turn it off on a few hills or taking off on hills. Thoughts ? I wish I could OBD2 monitor trans temps on my 7.3 but it's not possible.

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Yes it was a wheel strap that attached to the etrack. I was trying not to put too much pressure on the tires. I think I just did not have it right enough. I thought about bonnets too but car ones are too expensive , new trailer , etrack , etc it started to add up fast. Actually the strap over the wheel is fine and the way I looped the loose tail around the top of tire and through wheel keeps it from falling all the way off. Heck I saw a hot shot hauling 3 cars and used same method and no bonnets. I think two holds it securely but I did all four wheels. I'm also glad I added trailer brakes as braking on the downhill at lights is helpful. I don't think this load is too much to have overdrive off on flat sections at cruising speeds. I did turn it off on a few hills or taking off on hills. Thoughts ? I wish I could OBD2 monitor trans temps on my 7.3 but it's not possible.

That's not to much weight to run with the OD off, pulling doubles I only use the OD for long downhill sections. I got my tire bonnets from HF $27 and only use them on the rear tires, single strap on front tires. I installed a electric trans temp gauge myself, there is a port on the driver side I used for the thermostat, easy to do no drilling just screw it in.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah that what I thought too I will only turn OD off on a hill as needed. When I pulled a MUCH heavier 20' hay trailer my switch was broke so could not even turn it off and it was fine. Of course flat I10 the whole way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Everyone loves riding ATV while their camping or otherwise adventure tour but here comes a twist from my end. I am the proud owner of one of a kind Atv cross over known as DTV Shredder. this DTV shredder is a blend of jet-ski & Skate Board. Radical in style & exhilarating to drive. It gets fit in to my pickup truck and not only one but two DTV Shredder altogether.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts