Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this trailer four months ago and I filled the fuel tank up two months ago. I have used the fuel station several times and today I tried pumping gas and no luck. The last time the pump worked but took a few seconds to start pumping but it worked. I tapped on the pump several times and nothing. Does anybody have any ideas? Has anybody ever pulled one of these pumps apart? The trailer was built in 2005 but the fuel station was not used much if at all.

Thank for your help.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
x

if you're talking about the factory built and installed under the floor fuel stations yes.....u can pull the motor and pump assembly apart,clean it and put it back together,todays gas has a literal shelf life of one month with out stabilizer and they gum up,also the armatures get rusty and stick in the magnets,clean good and test and reinstall ,will save u a ton of money as the pumps are exspensive too...

·
Registered
244 Posts
terry, the gears swell remove cover pull gears out get some fine sandpaper lay on a hard flat surface ,move gear in a 8 pattern . you want to remove about.004-.008 pm me if ya want ill walk ya thru it

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you're talking about the factory built and installed under the floor fuel stations yes.....u can pull the motor and pump assembly apart,clean it and put it back together,todays gas has a literal shelf life of one month with out stabilizer and they gum up,also the armatures get rusty and stick in the magnets,clean good and test and reinstall ,will save u a ton of money as the pumps are exspensive too...
terry, the gears swell remove cover pull gears out get some fine sandpaper lay on a hard flat surface ,move gear in a 8 pattern . you want to remove about.004-.008 pm me if ya want ill walk ya thru it

Thanks for your help. Do you need to lube the gears when you slide them back into the pump? Can you run an additive to keep these geras from swelling? When I get this fixed I will be off working on the Onan leaky fuel filter. If it's not one thing, it's another:aargh4:

Thanks again.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Had the same problem with my 2006 Rampage. Took the gears out to clean and they where broken. Could not find replacements so I bought a new pump on EBay for $165. Pumps more gal per minute and has been working great for 3 years so far

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes that was me ,boy how time flys pm me w/phone if ya have any prob with the fuel gears
I have only been out in the dirt once since that time and sold a house , rented a house and bought a house. I bought a cage and installed after that ride and a few weeks later won a cage. I also bought long travel for the Rhino but need to install. I feel like a dog chasing his tail!

·
Registered
395 Posts
X2 on the sanding of the gears...very comon...very easy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Rebuild kit should run about $30. My buddy just did his pump and he found it locally here in Phoenix at Vans RV.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts