Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so cant seem to keep oil in it, it was sputtering real bad from 11-23 mph. then it was between 14-19. running in that range for maybe 3 mins and my temp light would come on. i dont think it was the jetting cause with stock intake its still doin it. also it was ran hard for prob 4 days before i found out it had no oil in it... now i took my snorkels off today and its smooth, no sputter but is blowin blue smoke again and with the pedal to the floor will only do 48 and it was doin 57 easy. any ideas? i really need help this thing is drivin me crazy

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Seems like you already know what the issue is. From your other posts it sounds like it's time to rebuild the motor (piston, rings, ext.) and you're trying to convince yourself it's something else.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well yea i plan to hafta rebuild but im just confused on why removing the snorkel made the sputtering quit (thats the CVT snorkel btw) and why i lost 9 mph.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
anytime you mess with the intake it messes with the carb. I had an exhaust leak because the pipe came loose. Ignored it for almost a whole season. As soon as I fixed it, it changed the back pressure and caused havoc with my carb. Spitting, sputtering, backfire, ext. Cleaned and re-jetted the carb and smooth sailing.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the CVT effects the carb? i didnt know that lol

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
No the CVT shouldn't affect carb...just re-read that

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea any thoughts considering its the CVT and losing 9mph? im thinkin i may have thrown a clutch weight cause its runnin high rpms but is like thats all itll do. it does knock some when its cold.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'd open up the clutch to see if that is the issue. I highly doubt that removing the snorkel on the CVT is the cause.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
now i would, but i dont have an impact wrench to get the bolt off. i had my dealer install it so its kinda a should i take it back to em?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well sadly i dont have a torque wrench or a real breaker bar. i have a bottle wrench handle that i use as one but it would prob bent before it got the bolt off

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
What bolt are you talking about? The nut to remove the secondary? You'll need an impact simply because the clutch turns. I've been able to get mine off without one but it requires you to jam something in the fins of the sheave to keep it from turning.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea the secondary nut. imma start with a rebuild, if it stays slow ill pull the clutch. my uncle has a impact down in AL and well be goin there in about a week and a half.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts