Votes: 154 24.7%
  • Carlisle 489's

Votes: 15 2.4%

• Total voters
101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have a house in the So Cal high desert so I do most of my Rhino roosting up there. Think the Big Horns are the tire of choice for desert?

Thanks!

I just moved to Az 7 motnths ago from the High Dez (Lancaster), and most of my friends with Rhino's run Bighorns. Now that I have a Rhino, that what i got too

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a house in the So Cal high desert so I do most of my Rhino roosting up there. Think the Big Horns are the tire of choice for desert?

Thanks!

I just moved to Az 7 motnths ago from the High Dez (Lancaster), and most of my friends with Rhino's run Bighorns. Now that I have a Rhino, that what i got too
Thanks!

Thats all I needed to hear!

·
Registered
170 Posts

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thats all I needed to hear!

In fact, I just got back from Spangler Hills, off Trona Rd. Was there for a week. Love the riding up in the Hi Dez

·
Registered
185 Posts
Big Horns and bead locks look great and really perform
Agree 100%, the Bighorns also work well in varied bush, rocky, and soft terrain. They aren't perfect for all out mud riding, but they seem to slip more therefore allowing the wheels to spin and clean themselves. My Rhino seems to go farther in mud and muskeg with the Bighorns as opposed my old Terracrosses because I am able to keep the tires spinning. They don't pull the engine revs down like the TC's did. As everyone knows, Rhino's don't have much power, so anything that keeps the rev's up is a good thing! Having them on beadlock rims also allows for pressure adjustment to match the terrain. Running 5 to 6 PSI really helps in the soft stuff - try that without beadlocks and you'll be running on your rims!
Oh, BTW they suck on frozen ground!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like the Bighorn 2.0's, they have more of a center tread than a regular bighorn, gives it a smother ride in my opinion.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've had bighorns on my 06 660 and my 09 700. I had 25's on my 660 and I went with 26's on my 700. I really like the Bighorn for my riding conditions (mountain trail riding) but I have to say that if I was to do it again, I wouldn't go with 26's - I would stick with 25's.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've had bighorns on my 06 660 and my 09 700. I had 25's on my 660 and I went with 26's on my 700. I really like the Bighorn for my riding conditions (mountain trail riding) but I have to say that if I was to do it again, I wouldn't go with 26's - I would stick with 25's.
Put a dual exhaust, controller, and a good clutch kit on that 700 and you will be liking the 26's more! At the very least, a clutch kit is a must!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Going to Big Horns!

Was running stock for a bit, but given all the good info here, switching to the Big Horns....looking forward to giving them a good run. Thanks for all the good inout!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Big Horns regular (not 2.0) They do give a great ride as you can adjust the air. They are nearly indestructable in the nasty rocky stuff. I researched on here over 2500 miles ago and they are still going strong. Kept puncturing side walls with stock and mud lites.

Loved the ride on mud lites and the mud performance but they weren't tough enough.

2.0 is great tire but not near the ruggedness. Also the extra height on the regular is great and I like the flatter pattern great rock crawling in Moab.

The mud performance is less than some mud-specific brands but less doesn't mean bad or terrible. If you ran mud or snow 80% of the time then some would have a point but primary nasty stuff or all-around this is the tire.

PS I run mud but not like the south and I run snow like everyone else (snow plow my business at 7800' in the Rockies)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm running 26" motogrips. Smooth ride on any surface & spin like hell in the mud. They have a flat profile to them that I like. Pretty happy with them but my next tire will definatly be Pitbull Growlers or the Rockers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
dirt devil XTs

I've got dirt devil XTs in 28" and I like them better than the Mud lites also in 28". Have an air holding issue with the Mud Lites. Can't find a hole but after a week the left rear will be down to 3lb..........later..........mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 28" outlaws for the mud and 27" big horns for all around riding and love them both. I also had mud lites before not a good choice for a sxs

·
Registered
183 Posts
i put some pitbull uber rockers on mine and so far love them. they look good and perform great!

brett

·
Registered
165 Posts
I run the Maxxis tires off the stock teryx. I like that they are 26" tall, and still pretty light, so you don't loose much power, if any. They grip pretty well in all terrains, and have held up really well too.

101 - 120 of 159 Posts