Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time for new tires on my 450. I'm looking at putting on Kenda Executioners in a 26/10/12 on all four corners. I talked to my local dealer and they want $85 to dismount and mount the new tires on stock wheels. That, to me, makes it worth it to order a wheel/tire combo. I'm pretty set on those tires in that size. I want to order from rockymountainatvmc.com but they won't let me pick any other tire size than stock for a package.

My questions:
1. What is the opinion on the tire and size?
2. Will that size clear on my factory rhino?
3. What 4 wheelers use our same bolt pattern wheel that I could order under to fake out the rocky mountain website?

I'm going to run 12" wheels with 5 +2 offset on all 4 corners.

Any issues with this?

I'm new to the ATV wheel/tire market as I've only had my rhino for less than a year.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the dumb questions.

·
Registered
75 Posts
As far as Executioner's go there a great tire & will last forever as long as U keep them off pavement. They are a heavier tire tho VS. a Mud Lite or Zilla. You will be fine with 26's you wont have any clearance issue's at all. As far as Atv's with the same bolt pattern a Brute Force is the same & Grizzly 660 & 700's also Honda's are 4/110 bolt pattern. The 5 + 2 offset will workout fine also, it will make your Rhino alittle more stable on off camber angles. An eliminates the need to buy wheel spacers. I hope this info is helpful man best of luck!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like a big bear is the same bolt pattern?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I do not know about the Kendas; but , I put a set of Bighorns on mine, and they have done great everywhere I have been so far!! These things eat wheel bearings as it is...the 1/2 inch of clearance you gonna gain, to me isn't worth the extra wear on the bearings. If you want some more clearance, get it with a good set of shocks!! just my .02

·
Registered
75 Posts
Man the BB has the same bolt pattern also. An I haven't had any bearing issue's with 28x12x12 Mud Lites on my 450. I installed grease zerk's tho when I replaced the frt. brake pads. And I run poly bushings in the A-arms.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd like to hear more about your grease zerts on bearings.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Man I cant remember the size I could look & tell ya. While I had the wheels off to replace my pads I removed the spindles. I removed the C-clip & pulled the bearings, then I used a punch to mark my drilling location, an secured it to my drill press very carefuly drilled out holes in each of'em, then I went back in & tapped the holes for the zerks, I used Loc-Tite on the zerks & snugged'em up secure being very careful not to over tighten, I reinstalled the bearings & C-clips & I fed grease thru the zerk slow, it has been this way for over 2 yrs now with no problems!! I also went to Orielly's auto parts & bought zerk covers/ brake bleeder covers to keep from pushing dirt & debris into the bearings while regreasing. I have Pivot Works bearings in mine with probably close to 3K miles on'em. They will need replaced before next years riding season im sure but it has made a huge diffrence in the life of'em!! For a couple hours time & less than $20 ya cant go wrong IMO!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts