Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question just got a Rhino 660 and it has ITP mud lite xtr off road tires. Our use will be off road and on paved roads. Wondering how long these tires will last with mixed use on pavement

·
Registered
559 Posts
I do a lot of around town riding and also a lot of trails in the summer, I am thinking about going with a light truck tire like the bfg or super swampers or a dot mud tire like these.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yeah I do. Once my itp wear out I think ill go that route. But those pitbulls are bad ass tires with tons of grip in all conditions and seem to have extremely long life.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Itp terracross with about 1500 miles on them and 3/4 tread still left.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Itp terracross with about 1500 miles on them and 3/4 tread still left.
As you can tell I am new at this. So what does a set if these run. And can you buy at a tire store such as Discount Tire??
I bought mine off of ebay about 5 years ago with wheels for 650 shipped. Maybe start there, but most online dealers carry them. A lot of people don't like the Terra cross, but I have nothing but good things to say, I have never had a flat, no probs what so ever. They are smooth riding and I love them in all conditions, including snow. But, my next tire will be either the pitbulls or a light truck tire.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've been running the mudlite at tire, put about 1800 miles on them so far. these are only on the rear though. i run a lot of blacktop, just watch the air pressure. a little low they ride ok, to much and the center tread wears quick. I have a set of bajacross for it, ran them a little the other week to see what there like. traction wasnt as good climbing a hill but still made it in 2wd. just was spinning more. on blacktop there nice, handle better. the tread didnt hardly wear at all. they seem to be a tough tire, only drawback i see is they are heavy. but I'm tired of getting a leak in the sidewall, from a cut. original tires and the mudlites on now both got cut.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.