Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the biggest same size tire I can run on all 4 corners?
What wheel size offset front/rear?
How will it affect acceleration and power?
Do I need a cluctch mod or springs.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
What is the biggest same size tire I can run on all 4 corners?
What wheel size offset front/rear?
How will it affect acceleration and power?
Do I need a cluctch mod or springs.
Thanks!!!
I run 26x9x12 OG Bighorns @ all 4 corners on standard ITP offsets. I already had clutch work done so I couldn't be able to compare to stock - my assumption would be that a stock set up would be fine - but a modified would be better! Also - are you running a stock suspension OR a LT kit - IDK if bigger tires would hit your bedsides. Good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's all stock. I was wondering about 26 or maybee 27's x 10 all around stock with no lift. Planinng on rev box and sheave/springs also. Don't plan on doing a while lot to it....

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
It's all stock. I was wondering about 26 or maybee 27's x 10 all around stock with no lift. Planinng on rev box and sheave/springs also. Don't plan on doing a while lot to it....
I came up on a deal on the 26s so I jumped on them. IDK anyone who runs 27 - might be a bit too tall for stock hieght - but thats my assumption.
Also - one thing I forgot to mention was before I was running 12s in the rear and once I replaced them with 9s - the corner turning and overall handling improved - day and night difference! Guess it takes alot to whip wide tires in the rears.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
What do you run for sand dunes? Will 4 9's work I was thinking 4 26 or 27 10's?
Yeah 4 - 9s would work - on beadlocks and 5-8 psi. Dont wanna pop a bead off!
I run 25 buffs in the front and 25- 8 paddle in the rears - forgot the width on both. I run that setup cus I got a great deal on it!
If I was to buy some - I would go with 26x12x12 - 7 or 8 paddles in the rears and buffs in the front. Those buffs turn on a dime! They proved me wrong!
This is the only photo I have of my sand set-up.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have had 26x10x12 on +3 offsets (8" rims) and they ran fine. I have changed since....same rims with 26x9x12 on front; 26x11x12 on rear. I did that so I get a little different track in the mud (front to back).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had 26x10x12 on +3 offsets (8" rims) and they ran fine. I have changed since....same rims with 26x9x12 on front; 26x11x12 on rear. I did that so I get a little different track in the mud (front to back).
When you say +3 offsets is that what a 4-3 offset is? I ask because I dont know much about offsets.

·
Registered
245 Posts
When you say +3 offsets is that what a 4-3 offset is? I ask because I dont know much about offsets.
Yes.....mine are ITP rims and are 5+3 which is an 8" rim with a +3 offset. You have to watch the +/- signs. My rims have a positive offset. I like the stance of the positive offset (wider), but +3 is as wide as I would go. I was going to change rims to a +2 because of mud outside of the fender flares, but I put mud flaps on and 1/2 doors which helped keep mud out of the cab and off me. Oh yea....I don't have the recall wheel spacers....I chose not to do the recall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok. You have 12"x8" rims with all 4 having 5+3 offsets. Your front tires are 9" wide and rear are 11" now. Do they set even on the outside? Or since the rims are the same size your front should stick out 1" more on each side going by factory specs?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have 28" mud lights on factory SE wheels. Fits fine. Completely stock. No problems spinning them. Rides great. And they don't rub front or back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts