Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Rhino, among others
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking a while, time to play ball!!

I have an 04 660 rhino that I bought from my 83 year old neighbor cause she wanted fuel injection. Carb tuned, runs great. I love it but it’s time to upgrade as we used to double ride the kids on quads but they’re getting older so we use the rhino a lot now.
I ride NH woods trails, mostly private property, and graded power line gravel roads. The ride quality is prettt good, it sometimes bottoms on some nasty spots and I’d like to avoid that.

I’m reading mixed reviews on a 2” lift, I’d rather not replace all the axles....

will 26” tires help over the stock kendas?? I haven’t measured actual height. I don’t want to reclutch or lose much power....I want it all!!

also, anyone have pics of how the tailgate cables mount? Mine never had any and I can’t figure out how they mount. Unfortunately I’m not local to any Yamaha dealers....

thanx for the help!

·
Registered
2009 Rhino 700, Hunters Edition
6 Posts
Larger tires won’t help with bottoming out. I suspect you have OEM shocks that are worn out. I would first adjust the shocks to a higher (heavier) preload. It that doesn’t fix it, time for a set of better shocks with greater capacity. Larger tires will rob you of power. I wouldn’t recommend that option without motor and clutch upgrades.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts