Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to know want is the best way to keep the front tires on the rim? When we are out mud ridding and if I don't hit a mud hole just write the tire will pop right off the rim. It really gets old also everytime that I pull through a mud hole and goose it the tire comes off again and I really need to know what the best way to keep the thing on. THANKS!

·
Registered
395 Posts
someone will say ....bead locks just to be a ass....but thats right...and why they where invented.....what psi are you running?...is it allways the same rim/side?

·
Registered
395 Posts
what tires do you have james and what is max on sidewall?....my itp's mud lits say max 7 psi on side wall...so thats what i run and all for

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PSI?

Just need some advise because getting ready to go back to west virigina and really don't need this to happen on the hatfield trails. If I hit a whole on the side of the rim and will pop off everytime!

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Need to know want is the best way to keep the front tires on the rim? When we are out mud ridding and if I don't hit a mud hole just write the tire will pop right off the rim. It really gets old also everytime that I pull through a mud hole and goose it the tire comes off again and I really need to know what the best way to keep the thing on. THANKS!
What rim are you running?

·
Banned
833 Posts
25'bighorns...any less and we tear the sidewalls out and pop them off the bead...i have stock sport wheels..beadlocks are nice but in the tight wood that lip will catch **** and about break your hand when it jerks the wheel..my 2 cents

·
Registered
395 Posts
hey gator ...just a thought i had this morning....is it possable that you have 1 or more slow leaks?...so if the psi is right at your house and buy the time you get out on the trails you have lost some air?....especialy? if you loose your bead alot in a mud hole sounds like a good chance for a dirty bead...and slow leak.....if you have them all even at the house and let it sit....any loose air?

·
Registered
395 Posts
i just put 16 oz of slime in each of mine and bumped em all up to 12 psi from 7....just to make sure/help....also bought a nice slime brand tire plug kit while i was at lowes and some expanded metal for my radiator guard/shield....that store is rhino heaven!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Guys,
And I forgot to tell you were in W.V( LOGAN COUNTY). Guys thanks for all the advice but I have tryed all that and the tire still pops off the front side bend. The rim I'm runing is a ITP with 5 odd round holes in it ( IT CAME ON THE RHINO WHEN I BOUGHT IT) and it is just the front ones that do it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ralph,
tried want you were saying buy pumping them up and spraying around the bend and there are know leaks, also I take a compressor with me every time I ride and the proper air is in them all the time.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Gator...its hard to say... now...but i'd bet that the ITP wheels are made in china?...and the ITP Tires are made in china like everything else?....maybe you got a bad tire or wheel or both?....try and find a new set from someone to borrow..like james HR...sence you are going to wv to hatfield....if other wheels work good?...then you know?...

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Thanks Guys,
And I forgot to tell you were in W.V( LOGAN COUNTY). Guys thanks for all the advice but I have tryed all that and the tire still pops off the front side bend. The rim I'm runing is a ITP with 5 odd round holes in it ( IT CAME ON THE RHINO WHEN I BOUGHT IT) and it is just the front ones that do it.
What size(width) are the front rims?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts