·
Registered
630 Posts
discount tire 10 bucks per wheel and that is to unmout and mount the new ones

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
to mount a tire on a rim

Get something like Simple Green or a solution of it in a spray bottle.

Then get your tire and spray it all around the edges of the bead of the tire you are going to mount.

Spray the liquid also on the edges of the rim.

Then get your tire and place it over the wheel that is on the floor.

Start by forcing one side of the tires to wrap around part of the wheel.

Have more spray handy to keep the bead area slick so you can slide the other part of the tire that hasnt yet slipped over the lip of the wheel. This part is the hardest part and takes a little bit of maneuvering to get the tire over the top lip of the wheel.

Once the bead of the tire that is facing the ground has made it past the top lip of the wheel you repeat the same steps as mentioned above with the bead that is facing you.

When both beads are inside the wheel, make sure your tire is centered within the wheel, then get your air hose and fill it up. Also, after filling the tire, be sure to bounce it a few times in case the bead is slightly off or not completely seated.

Did that make sense?

Dismounting a tire is harder.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I went to Harbor Freight and bought the tire changer/bead breaker tool they've got.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=34542

I use it whenever I need to change my quad tires, rhino tires, hell even my car tires! The only thing I did to modify mine was to bolt it to a 3 ft. piece of reciever stock so I can anchor it to the back of my truck via my hitch.

The only downside is that I am now considered the neighborhood tire buster for all the quads around. All I charge is a beer.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
It looks like the center post comes up through the center of the rim. That won't work on Douglas Rattlesnakes as they have the center cap machined into the wheel.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Wal-Mart $5 a tire. They scratch it, they buy it!

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
How difficult is it to remove tires from the rim yourself???
Breaking the bead can be a serios ***** with ATV type tires. Past that, get some good tire irons and rim savers (nylon pieces thet keep you from scratching the rim) and it's pretty easy. But hey, if Wallyworld will do it for 5 bucks, save the aggrivation and spend the 5.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
just go to discount, i know wal-mart will say they'll buy it, but then when you tell them te price of the wheel they probably wont match it!!:eek2:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts