Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any tips on how to remove this bolt without having to buy the special tool?

Im trying to do it without my impact gun if possible because my compressor broke over the weekend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i need to swap the seal behind it, its leaking oil. If i dont need to take it off to replace that seal plz let me know before i waste a bunch of time lol.

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
x

put a breaker bar through the front joint going to the front driveshaft to lock the shaft against the frame, a deep socket will work with a breaker bar, loctite it back on and torque it tight.........I made a delrin bushing plug that locates the seal onto the shaft and u use a washer to tighten and it pushes the seal into place with the stock nut....but you might be able to carefully push it in place...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
put a breaker bar through the front joint going to the front driveshaft to lock the shaft against the frame, a deep socket will work with a breaker bar, loctite it back on and torque it tight.........I made a delrin bushing plug that locates the seal onto the shaft and u use a washer to tighten and it pushes the seal into place with the stock nut....but you might be able to carefully push it in place...
thanks! this is what i was looking for. I have no idea why i didnt think of this.. i just replaced the front seal like 2 weeks ago too. I couldnt believe they both started leaking within two weeks of each other.

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
x

tightening those nuts with an impact is too harsh for the gears, gears are meant to take a pressurized load not smacking or impacting....a torque wrench is far less destructive than an impact on gears, my two cents...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts