Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 660 that is all stock. I have a throttle hesistation that I'm trying to figure out. I've pulled the carb and cleaned everything out. I was tinkering on it recently and a friend pulled the crankcase breather tube off and applied a positive pressure to it. Instantly the hesitation was gone. What would be the cause of this?? Thanks to everyone for all of your help.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Can you explain what you mean by that...what kind of positive pressure where and how much etc...

How long have you had it...

Try putting it all back together the way it was and duplicate the problem...

Then try removing the snorkel from the air box lid and see if it makes a difference...then try running it with no air box lid and see if it makes a difference...

The common causes are usually fuel... fuel delivery/metering...carb diaphragm/slide problem...clogged jets...

Less common is loose spark plug wire/cap...

If you don't duplicate the original problem then it is likely a coincidence that what ever you did fixed it...

We all all the air/fuel delivery and metering products you need if any but not the slide assembly...

We do ship to Canada too...!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have a 2006 660 that is all stock. I have a throttle hesistation that I'm trying to figure out. I've pulled the carb and cleaned everything out. I was tinkering on it recently and a friend pulled the crankcase breather tube off and applied a positive pressure to it. Instantly the hesitation was gone. What would be the cause of this?? Thanks to everyone for all of your help.
Sounds to me like you have an issue with the diaphram or slide in your CV carb. I think you are actually manually lifting the slide. Remove the top hat of your carb and make sure that:

1) The rubber diaphram was not partially pinched or rolled over
2) The rubber diaphram has no damage/holes
3) The plastic part of your slide is not burnt(1 good backfire can cause this)
4) The slide moves freely with your finger up and down.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds to me like you have an issue with the diaphram or slide in your CV carb. I think you are actually manually lifting the slide. Remove the top hat of your carb and make sure that:

1) The rubber diaphram was not partially pinched or rolled over
2) The rubber diaphram has no damage/holes
3) The plastic part of your slide is not burnt(1 good backfire can cause this)
4) The slide moves freely with your finger up and down.

Nate
Alba Racing
Can you elaborate on this?? CV carb? Not sure what you mean. I should also add that once the positive pressure was removed from the crankcase breather tube the hesitation still exists. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
581 Posts
CV stands for constand velocity or constant vacuum. The tube that runs from the side of the carb body to the intake track controls the lifting of the secondary slide, primary being the cable operated butterfly. If your diaphram has damage to it then it may not operate properly causing a hesitation.

Nate
Alba Racing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts