Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all ,First post ! I bought a 2009 Rhino 700 FI about a month ago. The machine looked and ran ok but the engine light came on after I got it home. In checking the trouble code and performing all the rest I pulled and cleaned the throttle body.Replaced the TPS and adjusted to .68 adjusted the throttle cable,and valves, Need to replace the Idle Control Valve it is stuck open.Don't think it can be purchased by itself. Hope someone has a answer or opinion on my next move. Really stuck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you all for your fine help._Ordered ICE valve from ebay. a
Stopped at the Yamaha dealer locally new throttle body 710.00 plus tax. What really got me a little bit under the collar was while he was telling me the cost he was laughing.Didn't show my displeasure then left.When the new valve shows up I will post what I ended up with.Going to the cabin today for the weekend and I will check the wording to the ISCV.Again thank you all

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok all here is how it went. I pulled the throttle body off again and cleaned it. After another through cleaning with throttle body cleaner I set the throttle plate so 003 thousands was right and 002 thousands had a slight drag,it was way Put of specs. Put everything back together and started it up. The engine trouble light went out it idles perfectly and shifts like a dream.I reset the throttle position sensor to .68v. My wife and I took it in a ten mile ride and it
preformed perfectly.Thank you all for your help and I hope my problem solved helps someone else.Thank you all and God bless all .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts