Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 660 rinho just quit running it was setting there idling an died it turns over fine it's got spark it just wont hit an fire up any suggestions

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sounds fuel related to me..may try to buy a clear fuel line kit from rutting rhino and see if you got good flow

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
ya heck the fuel delivery. possibly a clogged filter.

RuttingRhino's fuel is awesome, never have fuel problems anymore!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Title of the thread misleading :)

It cranks and cranks but won't fire...

It is out of gas and pump is not re-priming...

Odds are the pump is dead but not necessarily...

Remove fuel line from carb and see if any gas pours out...

Then with spark plug grounded so it cannot fire...put line from pump into a cup...remove the filter from your air box...cover the hole with your hand...crank motor and see if the pump will pump gas into the cup...

If it does...reconnect line...crank to prime carb with hand over intake hole...then replace spark plug cap on plug...replace air filter...it should start...

That will tell you if your pump is dead...

My fuel kits are a lot more than just clear line and allow for lots of diagnostics...come in a variety of configurations...not all of which are shown on the website...and available with high volume vacuum operated fuel pumps...

pm me your email if you need more advice...

·
Registered
395 Posts
if it were me i would spray starting fuild in the intake by the shifter....if it fires mometarly and then dies....and will not restart?....spray again...if it still does it....you have a fuel problem.....then check gas in tank....pick-up....filter..pump...vacumm hose?

·
Registered
74 Posts
give it a snort of
starting fluid

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
when you turn itover does it crank normal or a little fast like no compression? but hopefully its just fuel

·
Registered
985 Posts
its probably the fuel pump. My father in law had the same problem. He replaced the fuel pump and now it runs great again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts