Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I have a 09 700 EFI Rhino that we picked up used with low hours last year. We use it on a farm. We've been eying the Viking as a 'step up' from the Rhino as it is larger. I'm a bit concerned about power though, it seems like it has the same 700 as the rhino? Seems a bit underpowered?

There's a '14 Viking with under 200 hours for sale locally, asking $8500 CDN (6500$$ USD), wondering if it's worth it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Depends on what you will be using the Viking for. If you want it to transport more people around the farm it should be fine. If you plan to haul bigger loads use low gear and check your clutches more often.
I have a 700 Rhino and my brother-in-law has a viking and about the only time we can really tell the difference is going up a long uphill grade I will slowly pull away from him. I'm sure if we did this uphill test when he had a carload of people I would pull away faster.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on what you will be using the Viking for. If you want it to transport more people around the farm it should be fine. If you plan to haul bigger loads use low gear and check your clutches more often.
I have a 700 Rhino and my brother-in-law has a viking and about the only time we can really tell the difference is going up a long uphill grade I will slowly pull away from him. I'm sure if we did this uphill test when he had a carload of people I would pull away faster.
OK great to hear the direct comparison. Sounds like maybe not worth it for us, since we already have a rhino and we'd only gain 1 seat and a bit more dump box. I also found a stretched 700 rhino locally (4 seater) so I may go that route instead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts