Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stay tuned for some good install pics and video as Craig from Rutting Rhino is coming over to install a sheave and what not in to my ride.

Finally there will be some good HD pics and video to share of these install and performance processes.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doing the BS stuff before Craig arrives. I am proud I got this far since I'm no gear head but again, it is just removing bolts :32:

Pretty shocked to see how much dust made its way in with only 12 hours on this unit! Anyway to reduce that but still get max airflow?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've heard of guys running with the cover off, that way it stays cooler and you can clean it out easier ...but that's not a recommendation by any means.

·
Registered
100 Posts
subscribed!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All I can say right now is.....W O W !

Craig (RUTTINGRHINO.COM) is a rock star and knows his stuff. I learned so much today and I am forever in his debt for everything he taught me. This is my first UTV and now I am even more excited then when we picked it up 3 weeks ago.

The video and pictures are coming along with some awesome performance benchmarks! For now, I am enjoying your gift and a chick beer!

:bigpop: .... hows the vid coming???

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
55 Posts
You mentioned about dust in your clutch after a few hours, the hardest thing on your clutch is not dust but" HEAT" my clutch got so hot last year it was literaly burning my ass. I had to sit on a towel. FIX --- I snorkeled the cv with 2" pvc pipe and fitted a boat bilg air pump inline it puts out a bout 400cfpm now my clutch runs cool I have it on its own switch works like a dam. it cools the clutch even when you stop for a minet or two you can feel the hot air coming out the exit pipe Bill

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a teaser shot! Please keep in mind the following:

1) My Rhino is a brand new stock 2011, 3 weeks old, 12 hours.
2) This is the ONLY upgrade to the performance side.
3) The results to be released are awesome and....the video doesn't lie!

I tried to get the best information from the threads here and various forums and all I got was conflicting crap. Most vendors fight amongst themselves and the forget about us enthusiasts/customers. I am sick of the crappy broken websites and lame YouTube reviews. I am out to make a difference!

We tested different weight combos and did real time trials....A stock Rhino should have come this way to begin with!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It does but I need to take it from the 1080P to the iMac, do the edits, etc. Sheez!

:tent3: waiting is no fun.... hopefuly the video shows how to install the sheave and weights :bigpop:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Damn start the movie already!

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
:tent3: waiting is no fun.... hopefuly the video shows how to install the sheave and weights :bigpop:
KMS Performance has a video of sheeve installs. No waiting!

there are alot of videos on installs.

But we need one that shows how to sand down the old belt stopping point on older models like yours Edwin.

James is working on makin one.

·
Registered
381 Posts
delete post
Why? Are you joking or??????
No, I meant delete what I posted - I didn't read your opening post - thought this was about RR coming over to install your windshield and when I saw you had opened up the engine I made the comment that I didn't have to do all of that to install my windshield. Then I read your post more closely...hence delete mine. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
356 Posts
DOWN IN FRONT!!!! hahaha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts