·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Nice! :D

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
heeeeyy.... Whats up Bri, whats up Steve?? All well I hope! Not for me! The Elsinore track always seems to do a good number on my rhino. I hucked over the big table full blast, and overcleared jump, not by a lot, but far enough to cause my front left corner to completely explode on me. The spindle shattered, and so did the insides of my rack and pinion. I am thining about either sending my spindles to Todd at HRT to see what his $75 gusset job does for me, or buying SCF's machined and geometry corrected spindles for a whopping $900, or maybe just wait to get my new spindle, take my other one off, and box then in completely if it's possible, or as much as I can, and gusset the steer knuck while bearings are out. As for the rack, I am open to suggestions since I am re-designing steering from scratch again! Maybe a buggy billet rack (quick steer re-geared)... lata!

·
Registered
139 Posts
$900 Wow!!
I know SCF has good stuff, well mainly because I have his LT kit, but $900. The spindle looks good, just never read anything on it or used one. For more bang for my buck, I am thinking gusset at HRT, but then again, it is not my ass dropping in from 10 ft up. Send pics when your done.

·
Registered
297 Posts
i have gone 5 feet to flat with four people in my rhino and i have yet to break a spindle. i think it is better to gusset the spindle, way cheaper and a good upgrade. what happens if you break a billet spindle, you will have to pay another 900. i rather replace the stockers a few times

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
True dat! I think I will send them in, it's just that those nice new billet spinles (not cast/ billet steel) also have to steer knuckles re-positioned, and I think that I am a victim of horrible turning radius because of SCF's kit. I can't corner on a dime on the track, but I think I will have run my own tie rods from here on out to see if it helps my situation.... Anyone else know of any companys that gusset and plate spindles? Just looking for a well reputable spot that I can trust will work. PS_ I never pulled bearings out of a spindle before, but hope its easy!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts