Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so lets start off with... i let my sister drive for the first time yesterday. i will never make that mistake again. she rolled it in 5 mins. i cant see any damage to the frame or anything but it busted the hell out of the drivers door and the rear fender. my dad magically somehow fixed the door and you cant even tell a difference. the fender is a different story. its all shattered. now the other part. its making a very bad sound. started shortly after the roll. while not on the gas every now and then it makes a metal on metal grind that gets louder and louder then it clanks loudly then quits and a few seconds later will do it again. the engine braking seems to be iffy. it didnt work some and then it started working again. what might this sound be? it seems to be in the lower motor or the CVT. im not sure which. then also every single ride the battery goes dead. always. you can jump it off once but once it dies again its hammer dead and wont start even jumped off. you hafta drip charge it. also after the roll it wouldnt lock 4wd. but then later it did again. does anything in the motor need changed since it was rolled? thanks for any advice. also i have a video somewhere of it running 64 if i can find it. a couple people didnt believe it can do it.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
so lets start off with... i let my sister drive for the first time yesterday. i will never make that mistake again. she rolled it in 5 mins. i cant see any damage to the frame or anything but it busted the hell out of the drivers door and the rear fender. my dad magically somehow fixed the door and you cant even tell a difference. the fender is a different story. its all shattered. now the other part. its making a very bad sound. started shortly after the roll. while not on the gas every now and then it makes a metal on metal grind that gets louder and louder then it clanks loudly then quits and a few seconds later will do it again. the engine braking seems to be iffy. it didnt work some and then it started working again. what might this sound be? it seems to be in the lower motor or the CVT. im not sure which. then also every single ride the battery goes dead. always. you can jump it off once but once it dies again its hammer dead and wont start even jumped off. you hafta drip charge it. also after the roll it wouldnt lock 4wd. but then later it did again. does anything in the motor need changed since it was rolled? thanks for any advice. also i have a video somewhere of it running 64 if i can find it. a couple people didnt believe it can do it.
Oh, I'd believe 64 Kmph :) You have the fastest POS in the world, from your stories.
Have you measured the voltage at the battery while the engine is running? If the charging system is not working, then: Yes, the battery will go dead.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha thats what everybody says lol its fast when it works. it was for sure 64mph. yea we've been through this havent we? ill check the voltage again

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ummm what? no preaching about what? and what does that have to do with anything? lol

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wait are you talking about how she rolled it? she took a turn at 28mph from about 8 and on the rapid acceleration the tires were spinning loose and she was trying to outrun our friend on a 400EX and in the process with the tires spinning lost control, hit the ditch, hit the brake and away we went. drifted around the turn, did a 180 and over we went. i thought she would have known better as she is 19. and doesnt do to bad drifting a truck.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha im about 1:45 mins. you ever go to Uwharrie? im over there most every weekend.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmm dang, i may try to be there. is it pretty good? good trails?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you drag race? hit me a text so we dont keep blowin up this thread. 910-580-1879. back on to the original problems

·
Registered
114 Posts
No I don't drag race but I will…. I was trying to go easy on you.. lol you don't want this thing in the woods! lol I just want to see if my bike is worthy I want to compare it to a 64mph bike?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so im assuming yours is faster?

·
Registered
114 Posts
No No No Its not at all I have just seen you posting what your bike will do and mine won't do what yours will so I want to see where mine is lacking? How ever mine does handle like its on rails. And its heavy as lead 1420lbs. on a set of certified scales.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ahh i gotcha. is that all they weight? ive always guessed it was around 2000 but was never quite sure

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i have a vid where it runs 62 but i had 64 just before the vid. so the total damage from the roll so far- bent the bed, busted the door, shattered the fender, the rear right bearings are totally shot, that axle was out of the inner CV joint so who knows what that did, and in High on a hill it will roll backward. in Low it will still roll backward but it holds it a tad better and the last and to me one of the worst. ive lost 7mph on flat road......... hits 57 like it used to hit 62. downhill i can get 60 but its REALLY hard. why would i lose 7mph?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep. You can drift a truck ya know.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts