Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's it... No more 'Habu's' in AZ. They'll be illegal in the future.

We're going to have CDDU (Counter-Dust Dispension Units) in all UTVs.

Like WTF...

OHV use threatened by possible EPA regulation on dust

Urge your Representative and Senators to support legislation to exempt dust from EPA regulation today!
On April 15, 2011, Reps. Kristi Noem (R-SD), Robert Hurt (R-VA), Leonard Boswell (D-IA) and Larry Kissell (D-NC) introduced H.R. 1633, the "Farm Dust Regulation Prevention Act of 2011." Senator Mike Johanns (R-NE) introduced its companion bill (S. 1528) on September 8, 2011.

The bills would bring much-needed certainty to the off-highway vehicle (OHV) community by exempting rural "nuisance dust" from U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulation and allow states and localities to regulate it.

This regulatory restraint may lead to a de facto ban of OHV use on racetracks, in designated recreation areas, on trails and even on private property all across this country. The EPA staff and its Clean Air Science Advisory Council in its review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards as required every five years under the Clean Air Act recommended considering the option of a much tighter Particulate Matter (PM) standard for "nuisance dust," commonly known as farm dust.

The EPA Administrator Lisa P. Jackson, in a letter, dated Oct. 14, 2011, addressed to Chairman Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) of the Senate Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry, stated, "I am prepared to propose the retention – with no revisions – of the current PM10 standard and form when it is sent to OMB [Office of Management and Budget] for interagency review."
To view the letter, click here.

On Nov. 3, 2011, Rep. Ed Whitfield (R-KY), chair of the Energy and Power Subcommittee of the Energy and Commerce Committee, stated in his opening statement at a markup that "...the PM10 standards themselves have a track record of changing from the proposal to the final stage, as occurred with both the 1997 and 2006 PM10 standards.

The fact that EPA staff and its advisory committee have clearly recommended considering the option of a much tighter farm dust standard in its rulemaking record only heightens concerns about what its final rule might do and what it would cost."

To view Rep. Whitfield's statement and to view an archive webcast of the markup, click here.

With the possibility of a tougher PM10 standard still a possibility, the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) and the All-Terrain Vehicle Association (ATVA) support the passage of H.R. 1633 and S. 1528, which will provide much-needed certainty to the OHV community by exempting rural "nuisance dust."

The AMA and ATVA need your help to pass these bills. You can find contact information for your lawmakers at AmericanMotorcyclist.com > Rights > Issues & Legislation, then enter your zip code in the "Find your Officials" box.

A prewritten e-mail is available for you to send to your federal elected official immediately by following the "Take Action" option and entering your information.

Again, the AMA and ATVA urge you to write your Representative and Senators today and ask them to support H.R.1633 and S. 1528.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes.... Seriously....

Please advertise the link and ask your friends to go to the TAKE ACTION link and send the message off.

They will be trying to outlaw wind and gravity next.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Yes.... Seriously....

Please advertise the link and ask your friends to go to the TAKE ACTION link and send the message off.

They will be trying to outlaw wind and gravity next.
I hope they outlaw gravity!! I would love to just float around...... LOL!

Done

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sounds good, but remember: No gravity... No traction.... No acceleration... :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
As a California resident I used to just smirk when people would say,"That hippie crap will never happen in my state.". Well, hopefully they will believe me now that this hippie **** is going to go federal. I would like to welcome the other 49 states to Kalifornia, your guns are next.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Habu?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes... Habooboo Boo Boo.

Seems a shame. These will be illegal after the legislation.

·
Registered
283 Posts
here is a prewritten letter (add one sentence of your own so it will not be counted as a form letter) from the AMA...to your Congress & Senate to support a bill that would help OHVers and the dust legislation...this is a serious... HB 1633 and S1528 support just look what happened to Pismo this week...

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com click on "rights" then click on "issues & regulations" for some reason it wouln't let me copy & paste

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
here is a prewritten letter (add one sentence of your own so it will not be counted as a form letter) from the AMA...to your Congress & Senate to support a bill that would help OHVers and the dust legislation...this is a serious... HB 1633 and S1528 support just look what happened to Pismo this week...

American Motorcyclist Association click on "rights" then click on "issues & regulations" for some reason it wouln't let me copy & paste
What happened at Pismo this week...

·
Registered
283 Posts
What was the youtube video about. sorry for my ignorance.
What caused the big dust cloud?
Wind..it's common in the desert...

American Motorcyclist Association click on "rights" then click on "issues & regulations" for some reason it wouln't let me copy & paste
What happened at Pismo this week...
Air pollution control board approves Oceano dunes rule - Cal Coast News

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What was the youtube video about. sorry for my ignorance. What caused the big dust cloud?
Wind..it's common in the desert...
BLR: Thanks for the help... ...and the chuckle. That was funny.

Honda450SFM: Yes.. It's wind. ...and while wind is common in the desert, what is known as a Haboob (we just call them "dust storms" in the good ole US of A) is a strange form of it created from rapidly cooling air that sinks very quickly and then disperses over the immediate (low-lying) region. They occur mostly in desert regions primarily due to the ground topography. It's somewhat like following a SxS real close. :)

Please send the message on ! ...to your southerly friends in the US.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts