Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I should be camped off county Line in Ocotillo Wells for the week of thanksgiving. I usually head over to Truckhaven at some point..... Great bar over on that side of the park.....

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I am trying to join you out there Steveo since I have never been there. Only been to Ocotillo wells and the south area towards Superstition Mountain.
I will know for sure when we get into November. :fingersx:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes, county line is on the south side off the 78. Between the Blue Inn and ocotillo rd.

·
Registered
124 Posts
We are usually pretty mellow. I never know who is going to show up. Sometimes there are 3 of us and sometimes there are 30 of us. But yes, family frendly. For thanksgiving we usually combine the group for one good meal. I usually deep fry some turkeys. And typically we have turkey pot pies the next day. You are more than welcome to join us.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Been doing OW for Thanksgiving for the last few years - good times out there.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
our camp is dog friendly :)
me and the wife are 40 somethings that have 4 legged kids (small dogs)
but we like other peoples kids - if that counts for something :)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
we normally camp about 4 miles east of the airport just off the 78.
there is a road that goes over the hill and there is a little valley there that we setup camp.
we've camped there for the past couple of years, and over closer to the airport before, but its pretty busy/dusty over there.
We used to camp with a decent sized group, but that has gone away in the past couple of years. Last year it was just our family that camped there.

we are also looking at doing Dove Springs/Spangler. We have friends in central Cali that have said they want to come down, but OW is a little too far, so we may end up going north instead of southeast. We'll know more as time progresses.

One thing that is really cool that we did last year, since our group was the smallest yet, we didn't do a turkey, instead we drove up to Jullian and had dinner up there for Thanksgiving. There is a little cafe that did the full on dinner and it was awesome.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
sounds good.
do you go to OW often ?
me and the wife love going out there

·
Registered
124 Posts
is your camp kid friendly?
We will also have a couple dogs at camp. I believe we will have some older offspring at camp: never really know. (None for myself) My wife and I will be there for sure pluse a couple others. Kid friendy yes. We will be camped just off county line...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts