Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Vendor
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ya ya its going to be around 475.00 dollars but Ive tried using the best parts out there for this kit..
Small 60 amp alternator 1 wire hook up
2 Cog style pulleys for less horse power loss and less stress on the crank
custom billet crank mounts

upside is run all the lights and amps and gps's you want
kits should be done in about two weeks so If you need one please call nick at the shop and get a deposit in so we can order up parts for every one

·
Vendor
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Id say a few weeks we are going to tear up my 660 in the next few days to get started

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
looks great. about time a reliable company made this kit. all of the others are very difficult to find.

you will love the extra power an alternator puts out. you will be able to run tons of gadgets from heated seats to televisions and 50 watt HID lights.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I thought you guys already had a Rhino alternator kit??

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have alternator brackets that just bolt onto the engine for the rhino and then I also have an in on getting the small alternator out of a forklift or lawnmower that puts out 85 or 80 amps, if I remember correct, and I also have all the hardware to put a few kits together, I just don't have the billet pulley on the engine side, but I was getting them from Brian at ACI...... like $50 for the pulley a year or 2 ago....... The bracket is the tricky part but I have it!

·
Vendor
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya im not doing the engine side mount bracket ... we are going to do frame mount I already have some v belt pulleys being made maybe Ill sell you some I dont think im going to go with the v pulleys but I may do two kits for the rhino so I can sell a cheap kit too.....

·
Registered
299 Posts
byc motorsports stocks the aci alternator kits.. they work great ive had mine for over 2 years now.

your tyrex kit looks good johnny, lots of people waiting on those..

·
Vendor
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks and thats why I was talking about the cheap kit it will be great for people that dont mind the few extra horsepower loss

·
Registered
299 Posts
thanks and thats why I was talking about the cheap kit it will be great for people that dont mind the few extra horsepower loss
we had a 660 on the dyno with alternator kit on than removed it and there was only about 1/2 horse loss with alternator on.. thats nothing compaired to what you gain in amps to run all your light and radio equipment..well worth. just my opinion.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Mines basically an ACI kit and I love it! Cheap or not.... The cheaper the better if it works great! We;re still talkin bout price right? If we can save a few bucks, I'm in! I have ha dno problem and dont feel the "power loss", so I'm good! I'd like to see the contraption you are putting together though. I'm always up to seeing new innovative products put to use!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Id say a few weeks we are going to tear up my 660 in the next few days to get started
Does this mean the one yall have for sale on the site now is no more or do you have a new one coming on top of the old one? Also you wouldn't happen to have any sale prices on the old one? I'm in the market for one on my 660 in the very near feature.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts