Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

Temp

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  curtis.71 
#1 ·
Have a 2006 660, temp light comes on after about 5 minutes and fan is working but engine doesn't seem to be overheating. Checked radiator and don't notice water flowing like you can in a car radiator. Is this a water pump issue?

#2 ·
I will get back with you , I will ck mine 05 660 with the cap off and see if it flows , do you have a heat gun where you can shoot it and see what the temps are ?? i picked mine up at Lowes and they come in handy .. if in doubt don't run it ,,you make blow a head gasket if it does get too hot , can you hear it boil any after you get it hot and then shut it off ?? also how is the level in the run over tank ?? my fan comes on at around 170 degree's .

Jake

#3 ·
ok , i checked mine ,, it has very little movement if any when running , that pump must not move alot .. also on mine i do run another 12 volt water pump from a Toyota PRIUS ELECTRIC INVERTER WATER PUMP for my heater system .. with that pump on it moves through the radiator .

Jake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.