Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
I’m new here and looking for some help. I have. 2006 rhino 660 that has the hight temp light on even when first starting after sitting days. I checked all wiring from the sender by the water outlet to the dash- all is good. If I ground the wire at the sender the light goes off. By looking at the wiring diagram the sensor should be closed unless over heating so I should have ground until it over heats. If ordered 2 different senders- one for s gauge and one for a light. Both ohm out the same and neither fix’s the problem. Had anyone had this before or know if I’m reading the wiring diagram correctly Thanks Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve tested everything. According to the manual the sensor should have continuity when engine is cold so it should be to ground . If that’s true than that’s why when I ground the wire the light goes off. I ordered another new oem sensor this time and will test it at the shop before I buy it. I’ll up date after that

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you put any sealant on the threads of the sensor? It uses an o ring seal and threads should be clean as to make the path to ground. A lot of time the only thing that is wrong is the threads are corroded and need clean in the head and or sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts