Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I have a 2007 Rhino 450. I am considering an upgrade to the digital dash. Whoever answers this will need strong knowledge on how the speedometer works. I would like to know, for sure. With all due respect, if you don't know for sure please don't comment. This machine is older with countless miles/hours on it. My question is: if I purchase a digital dash (new OEM) and install it what will it display. In other words, is the information (mileage, hours etc.) stored on a CPU somewhere on the Rhino, or is it stored in the head unit and it will display all zeros as if it were new? My Rhino has always had the standard display dash panel with only LED idiot lights. I guess I will find out for sure when I purchase & install it but I'm just curious at the moment. Also, do you think a new in package OEM digital display is worth $150? Thanks in advance, God bless you all. Speed safely!

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Info is stored in the display and it will display miles/km and hours. Unfortunately the hours is only descriptive of the hours the key is in the on position not engine hours of which it won't matter to you as far as an accurate description of hours or mileage.

$150 is great considering I ship used displays for $100

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replacement Procedure

Do you know the proper replacement procedure? How difficult is it 1-10? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
so do you have to pull the blue relays? why? and do you have to change the thermos switch ???
Yes, you will have to remove the relays that were used to run the idiot lights. I'm not sure about the thermoswitch. I do not recall any mention about that change out before. If the digital dash has a temperature reading in the display, it will have to have a thermosensor for a variable resistance with temperature rather than a simple off/on switch.

I believe when you buy the factory display module kit, you will get all of the fixings and the instructions as to doing the mod.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the 07 Rhino 450 Hunter Edition I believe. I just know I want the digital dash and I don't have a lot of cash lol. Trying to make sure I get everything I need in order before trying to change it myself. I might just take it to my mechanic and have him do it if he doesn't rape me too hard. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts