Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
IM LOOKING FOR A SOLUTION ALSO
Post #16 is the way to go. That's what I did. It's not the prettiest thing and doesn't always line up. You just have to shift it over a bit to get it to line up since their isn't a stable hinge that puts the tailgate in the exact same position each time. Since they are eye bolts the tailgate can slide right and left a little when unlatched from the body. You could be concise and put the eye bolts where they keep the tailgate solid from moving like that, but I wasn't concerned about it. I just wanted a tailgate that wasn't going to fall off when I unlatched it.

Will I've been at it again with my tiny brain spinning out of control ! I figured since we all have the hinge failure I'll try and figure out a solution. Well I had some scrap aluminum around the shop so I whittled out a few prototype hinges.
I used steel house door hinges to repair my tailgate plus added some swing chain for added surport to tailgate.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.