Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has removed the swaybar? What's the benefit?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
i took mine off a couple weeks after getting the Rhino. It rides smoother and allows the rear suspension to move more independently. Only downside for some people is they dont like the sawying. I dont mind at all.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I know someone that also runs without it... I am sure it does allow for more travel BUT the downside is if you have to make an evasive maneuver its going to be very difficult to recover from that move.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rockskullz said:
i took mine off a couple weeks after getting the Rhino. It rides smoother and allows the rear suspension to move more independently. Only downside for some people is they dont like the sawying. I dont mind at all.
You don't have a 4 seat cage do you? Since I put that on I get even more body roll. So maybe taking the sway bar off wouldn't be a good thing for me?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I took mine off and talked wildbill into removing his, Bill's comment was he kills through the whoops with it off. In a big fast corner it is a little sketchy but nothing to worry about. I have ran mine off since installing longtravel.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
max powers said:
I took mine off and talked wildbill into removing his, Bill's comment was he kills through the whoops with it off. In a big fast corner it is a little sketchy but nothing to worry about. I have ran mine off since installing longtravel.
Would this have any affect on my stock cv's that I use with my long travel kit? Cuz taking the sway bar off would give me more travel right? That would probably throw me over the angle limit?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
no they would be fine. It doesnt give you more travel just allows your a-arms to move independently and not together. It'll feel like you have more travel because it will be moving more freely.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rockskullz said:
no they would be fine. It doesnt give you more travel just allows your a-arms to move independently and not together. It'll feel like you have more travel because it will be moving more freely.
Okay, now it's making sense. :D

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Potsie broke an axle on his Rhino Mafia kit from a bad landing , it sounds to me that the way bar might have let the a-arms move too freely and cause a breakage.

The breaking point on the axle was at the clip.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mr. Off-Road said:
Potsie broke an axle on his Rhino Mafia kit from a bad landing , it sounds to me that the way bar might have let the a-arms move too freely and cause a breakage.

I think I will just keep it on...I'd rather have less chance of breaking something then being able to have more mobility.

G

·
Mr. Off-Road said:

I bet he had stock CV's and extended axle shafts:)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WOTM said:
Mr. Off-Road said:

I bet he had stock CV's and extended axle shafts:)
That's what I have, so its probably better just to keep it on, huh?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Yeah, I landed on the rear tire that had the axle break. As I posted in the other thread. Breaking axles happens all the time. Rhinomafia replaced 4 of them other than mine that weekend. Jeff is the owner of rhinomafia and explained this is a common problem and gearone is designing some INDESTRUCTABLE axles to come out in the next few weeks. It had nothing to do with the swaybar, anyone who has driven with me knows I drive hard and jump ALOT. I am bound to break something eventually. :lol:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Also the sway bar is for just that, SWAY, not to hold the suspension up. The shocks should keep you from droopning to much, but some limit straps could give you some piece of mind if you don't believe me.
I wouldn't recommend removing it if you have a 4 seater or are dirt/pavement riding. Where it pays off is through the whoops in the dunes.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Now I am going to prove myself right. Anyone who wants to question this must first answer this.

Where is the front swaybar/limitstrap? what keeps the front from drooping to much?

If the swaybar prevented to much axle angle,there would be one on the front. Point proved

1 - 16 of 16 Posts