Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are thinking that we may not be able to do the yamaha "customer satisfaction repair" as mine has been modified with the 4 seat roll cage and his has rev limiter removed..... what we are thinking is that if we could figure out how to make the sway bar a quick connect/disconnect that would probably be best for us.... we mostly drive hardpack and sand.... but do want to have the articulation that no sway bar offers.... has anybody made a quick connect for the sway bar? backyard mechanics or companies..... any suggestions or thoughts??

·
Registered
222 Posts
oh yeah it works well i dont have alot of miles on it but have used it both on and off, takes seconds to unhook it as long as you are on flat ground when adjusting it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks scoobie north... looks great! we will have to try to duplicate your brilliant idea!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Whats the advantage to running with the sway Bar ? I didn't like the way it feels with in on but maybe due to the L.T
i think the width and good shocks prob helps you out alot, i personally find that with the swaybar unhooked i just cant get my front end to turn in very well all i get is understeer, but with it hooked up it turns in alot quicker, but the ride is alot better without it, and the articulation is great without it, i tried a hillclimb the other day 3 times with the swaybar on couldnt make it and completely blew over it first try after unhooking it

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Wow that's crazy the way it kills you on hill climbs, when I first got my rhino it had the sway bar and it did seem to climb hills weird. I can't really explain the way it handled but def different than without it. Also when I had it on and I would rush a turn hard it wanted to roll now it just leans and goes ! Thanks for the input on what the def is because it is hard for me because of the mods which in times are good and sometimes just cost A LOT of cash....

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whats the advantage to running with the sway Bar ? I didn't like the way it feels with in on but maybe due to the L.T
removal of the sway bar is helpful to avoid low speed roll over and is good when rock climbing better articulation... but for fast and flat you want to keep it on.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts