Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THese things are going for $209 shipped right now off amazon. I have read good reviews and they have a higher pull rating than a warn. I dont see how a guy could go wrong?

Who has one and what is your feedback?

·
Registered
118 Posts
have one and absolutely love it. have used superwinches on our trucks in the past. thats actually the reason i shopped for one to put on the rhino. the way they are geared you cant beat em. spend the xtra for synthetic rope, its worth it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
what mount did you use w/ the winch?

have one and absolutely love it. have used superwinches on our trucks in the past. thats actually the reason i shopped for one to put on the rhino. the way they are geared you cant beat em. spend the xtra for synthetic rope, its worth it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i got one last christmas for $189 shipped from amazon. works real good too! I've pulled out jeeps with it. i modified the warn mount to fit. Basically made some more holes in the plate. no probems to speak of and cant beat the price.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ordered this winch today w/ the synthetic rope off amazon, open box special for $238 shipped w/ prime. Seems to be a great deal.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i think you will like it. good luck!

·
Registered
101 Posts
A winch is my next mod, might consider this one. You can pick up a a Viper Max with mounting plate for a few $'s more on eBay. I have buddies that run the Vipers with good results.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Superwinch Terra 45 on Rhino?

After reading this thread I asked for and got Terra 45 for Christmas with the synthetic rope.

Has anyone found a front mount that works for the rhino? I got one from cabelas that turns out to be too narrow for the fairland and faces the fairland towards ground. Do not want to fab one or mod this one.

Not real impressed with the "customer service" for Superwinch as the wrong bolt set was sent with the winch; they were closed the whole week after Christmas and finally got through to them Tuesday....

Also was not aware these are made in China......

Just asking before I pack it all up and ship back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This pic was on my phone, not the best, but you get a general idea. Probably be a week before I get back out to my farm where the Rhino is at.

·
Registered
188 Posts
This pic was on my phone, not the best, but you get a general idea. Probably be a week before I get back out to my farm where the Rhino is at.

Thx. Nice looking Rhino!! I will be sending the Cabelas mount back and ordering the KFI.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Superwinch is POS

I should have gone with my gut feeling and just sent the made in China winch back. Instead I made the mistake of installing it. Not only was the install a real PITA thanks to the very lacking manual but when I got it fully installed the winch would not work. Either the motor is no good or there is a broken wire somewhere inside. Anyway an sending back to Amazon for a refund. What a waste of time!

I would not recommend a Chinese Superwinch to my worst enemy. Customer Service is the worst and who wants a product you can not depend on when you need it? Especially a winch.

I am keeping the made in USA KFC mount with 2" receiver though as like the receiver up front and may at some point try to find a made in USA winch to put on.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That sucks man, maybe you got a lemon. So far there has been alot of happy people with these winches....

·
Registered
171 Posts
How well do these hold up going under water. I want to order one. But I think I want a winch bumper that mounts it up by the hood. Any one make a bumper like that.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I bought one of these with the synthetic rope got it wired and mounted last night. That synthetic rope sure doesnt look like its as strong as they say it is.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Haven't had any rope issues with mine so far. I do unroll it/ rinse it well and roll it back in after it's dry.
Thats a good idea thanks for the tip. I am sure I will use it a time or two buy sunday. I went and got a 6ft tree saver strap and large tractor shackle so I wont put as much strain on the winch rope. Went ahead and got a snatch block to keep in the rhino too cant hurt to have it.

This is mounted with the kc bottom plate and the front plate that cam with the winch. This install was pretty easy over all. I did have to get longer bolts to hold the winch to the plate. I mounted the remote lead to the warning plate in the center of the dash and the winch switch just below the warning plate closer to the driver.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts