Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Arizona and prospect using my Rhino. Last week ambient was over 100+. Through the day did alot of crawling but on way back to truck and trailer did 30-35. While unloading detectors and gear let Rhino cool down idling with fan on. Loaded it on trailer and shut down. Water boiled in overflow tank the whole time we secured it to trailer.
Any thoughts on best way to end a hot day. Haven't had any problems, but don't want any and don't need to walk out 10+ miles.
Appreciate any replies, Shep

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for reply, will check on the Engine Ice! Probably know our local hero- Blake Van de Loo? Races the desert

·
Registered
2006 660 Rhino
108 Posts
I've never actually seen Blake racing before in person, but I watch him on King of Hammers on TV.

Bad *ss racer, no fear.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I got an aluminum radiator for mine and it helped. Not the $600 triple pass unit but just aluminum with a claim of 30% greater cooling IIRC

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
I have a couple aftermarket 660 radiators on hand for anyone local (SoCal) I’ll let go of cheap

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Riverside

·
Registered
2006 660 Rhino
108 Posts
Ok, I might be going to San Gorgonio for some backpacking. If you are close to the I-15 I could swing by. How much are you asking?

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
I’m off the 15 or 91 near lake Mathews

1 - 13 of 13 Posts