Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have a 2007 Yamaha Rhino 660 when I purchased was fairly stock except had a Dynatek CDI and K&N filter and this thing use to rip like 50 mph. I blew it up several years ago and has since been a pain in my side. I rebuilt the motor with a 686 cc kit (new crank, hot cams, top end and bottom end were done, etc. ) I also add the whole Hunterworks machine sheave, slippery washer, purple secondary springs (have 26" tires), with the 16 gr roller weights, new belt. Plus I have a Yosh dual full system exhaust.

After said and done this once of a beast runs like **** I can't even hit like 30 mph. It is burning oil and overheating and sluggish and hardstarting.

I am looking for suggestions on where to start in the diagnoising process.

·
Registered
2005 660
64 Posts
Burning oil is a ring or valve seal/seat issue. Did you lap the valve seats? Replace the seals? Hone the cylinder? Make sure the rings were installed properly? I would focus on this issue first before doing anything else.

The rest is more than likely a tuning problem. Dialing it in after a hot cam and full exhaust can be a long process. You may spend hours getting the fueling right.

You may find some good info for your situation on hotrod rhino forum. Plenty of aftermarket experimentation over there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts