Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...First off the gas isn't from me! I have a 2008 700 that I have owned from about 6 months or so. I drove it for a while with the Siezmik windshield/topper and never noticed any fuels smell. I put an MSD ignition on it as well and I am running just the standard setting. I also have a Benz exhaust (I hunt a lot). I had taken the windshield and topper off this summer and put it back on a few weeks back, again I didn't notice any fumes then. I also bought and ATV backpacker cart and once it is one it leans against the Benz exhaust...that is when I first noticed the smell. I inspected the exhaust but I don't see any holes or anything but you can see the fumes coming from it, more than normal. I also checked the intake and it was actually pretty nasty and I removed a bunch of debris but I haven't rode it since...

SOOOOO now that you have my set up, any clue what might be causing it? Should I remove the MSD and see if it goes away? Do you think nasty filter might have been the problem? Any chance it is the EFI? It runs great...not sure what it could be!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Check your roll over valve for proper operation and make sure your vent line is not clogged...

And I would think you would need to correct your fuel curve for you exhaust mod...

Remove your spark plug and see what color your electrode is...and see if it is wet with uburned fuel as well...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts