Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guy's I have a few ?? to see what im getting myself into. I noticed on the trail both of my top rear diff bracket welds were broken. I was turning around to head back & heard a pop then something stripped. I shut it down & a friend towed me out. Stripped shaft at the diff end, or diff swap?? Trying to decide of this is DIYP lol. Thnx for your opinions!! Also any suggestions on easiet way to remove the rear diff with HMF duals??

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Rear diff drops out the bottom.
I suspect you may have stripped the adaptor/boss going into the diff.
I stripped mine a while back - about 100 bux worth of parts and its an easy do it yourself project.
I'd recommend getting a dif bracket as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thnx man I appreciate the info!! To get the prop shaft loose from the rear diff I remove the 4 small bolts in the front of the caseing correct??

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
you got to pull the rear axles out first.
then pull the bolts holding the diff and it will come out the bottom. It is splined onto the driveshaft and will pull out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have it out man & U were rite!! Thnx I appreciate the info!! I stripped the boss & coupler on the end of the prop shaft. I ordered new parts & oil seals today had'em shipped 2day. I also ordered a Trail Logic diff brace. Hopefully I will have it up & going by Sat. morning. In the meantime I have a Dvd/cd player to install lol, in a marine caseing. With a sound bar & wake board speakers & a cheapo Pyle marine amp. I think im gonna go ahead & mount a 1K CCA Extreme battery under the driver seat while im at it. And I have some L.e.d's to mount in the grill & some 5" O"Reilly auto's to mount on the A pillar. I gotta get some brackets fabbed up & **** tho. I guess thats another thread with pix tho lol. Thnx again for the help man much appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
right on.
be careful putting it all back together. There's the little rubber piece in there that pushes against the driveshaft, and I'd put some grease in there as well. When I took mine apart, it was all rusty in there, so when I put it back together, I greased it up well.

sounds like you got a lot of stuff planned for the rhino. I've dumpped a lot of time and money in mine as well.

have fun!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea man mine was the sameway, so imma grease it up good & regrease my axles while there out I guess. Its easy to dump a fortune in'em quick!! I have only had this Rhino 4-5 months & I've already been thru the motor & clutch & the suspension will be gone thru after this for the most part. So its time to add some goodies to it & see where it takes me next. I started another thread man keep intouch I'll be updating pix by Sat. afternoon hopefully with a few more goodies added. Nice talkin with ya & I appreciate the info once again!!

·
Administrator
2,240 Posts
If you ever strip out that intermediate at the rear driveline again, search out my thread on here where a VW cv joint is in that intermediate couplings place ....bulletproof is priceless....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts