Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one know the cost of a R6 or CBR 600?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
We bought mine on Ebay for $1300 shipped - that was with everything - you want to look for an engine with the wiring harness, airbox, headers - everything included......that will save you alot of work.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah we were thinking about getting a wreaked R6, it would be different then your CBR

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as long as you sell a twin turbo kit....cuz i aint going home :D

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
why only a 600? I would think if your going to do ALL that fab work to make it work you may as well go BIG. like 1100cc, 900cc something stupid 8)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
An R6 isn't that different than the CBR600.........

There are lots of engines out there that would be cool for a rhino......one thing to consider is the stress you will put on all your other parts (drive train stuff) the bigger you go.....the harder the hit, the more torque.....the more you will break things and wear stuff out. Not a bad thing, necessarily - just something to keep in mind.....

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rockskullz said:
why only a 600? I would think if your going to do ALL that fab work to make it work you may as well go BIG. like 1100cc, 900cc something stupid 8)
twin turbo R1 stupid enough for you? or do we have to add NOS?

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
I've got a link to an Arizona auction house for insurance companies. It's at work so I will get it Monday if someone wants to monitor it for a good engine.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I coud see how a 600cc engine would do just fine. I don't see how you could succesfully use any more power except on thedyno I guess, but being that you can re-gear a st bike engine, I'd think you'd be cool either way.... But some good bragging rights with a bigger motor, but like 450grl said, the more motor, the more broken! I'd like to get a 113 ci V-twin S&S motor in mine straight piped on mine! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'll love to see that

·
Registered
997 Posts
I want to look into how possible/ not possible it is or isn't, but I woud love to have a Harley sticker on my hood and mean it!!!! Put a Baker 6 spd in it. Would be so fuckin cool!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The streetbike motor is possible...your only limiting factors when considering what engine to put in are size and weight, pretty much. You want it narrow enough to fit in between your seats if you can do it.....for prime weight distribution......and then weight....which isn't a big deal if you have a powerful engine, I guess - you could have as heavy an engine as you want if you have the motor to pull it around! :D

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that why i would go with a R6

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
v-twin power

SBR,
I totally agree, plenty of room, more than enough power.
Only if you could put a kicker somewhere though.

Taylor
DFR
The Patrick 113" can make about 145hp, or even a Fueling 3 cyl.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts