Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
either your fork idea or a T trailer either one would do it , on your fork i would use 1.5 exhaust tubing on what project you go with with , but on the end of the forks i would have a cross over pipe and a free spinning wheel that would help to cover the weight of the units like on the front of a zero turn mower , you need to list how wide is the units you are moving , you listed 180 lbs as weight . still either job would be a simple project couple hours and be done ..
Jake

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks Jake,
I am not sure about the wheel. I am transporting it over fairly soft sand, except for when I first pick it up on the wet sand. I was just gonna pull" up next to it, tilt the forks forward until they dig into the sand under one side of the boat, then slide the boat any extra distance needed to pushing it up against the back of the forks then tilt them back, maybe put a strap on it, and then drive it up to the storage.

I was thinking about just making it out of 1.5 square stainless tubing.
The one boat is 14ft long, 4ft at its widest, and approx 180 with all the rudder, mast, and hardware attached, The other boat is 12ft long a little under 4 ft wide and about 145lbs or so fully rigged

·
Registered
116 Posts
your fork build is like a 3 pt big hay bale forks ,, in which i moved a ton of hay !!! with ..

your trying to get off easy by pulling in to the sand and tilting back :):)

you can do that i would not use S.S though
just carbon steel and spray it with a coat of bed liner
you L - mount is going to have to be atleast 4 foot tall
as to share the weight of the load as you tilt back with the winch cable
so you are pulling up at a higher angle compared to a angle like a snow plow would
attach on the rhino ,, too bad we are not close , I'm a Fab and machinest and a structure steel
welder by trade ,, could put this project to bed early for ya ..
Jake

·
Registered
116 Posts
on material SS verses carbon steel ,
cost , ease of doing any repair , and the mild climate
the carbon steel would be my choice , any rod or wire
compared to have SS rod or wire on hand as well as SS material on hand .

Jake

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
yeah, I'm just thinking about sticking the front of it into saltwater all the time

21 - 26 of 26 Posts