Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive found an aftermarket (cheap) air intake tube thats pretty much the same lenght and shape as the stock one accept a little larger diameter. Now I know removing the tube and putting a filter directly on the carb causes a loss of power, but Im not sure if its thats because of the length of the tube, or the size or both...

I can do a pretty nice custom setup (for cheap!!!) with a larger intake tube and a larger Uni filter, but is it worth it???

thoughts?

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What makes you think that putting a filter on the carb causes a loss, Mine is designed that way.
Are you using the stock carb? I know with the Lectron carb you put the filter directly on the carb, but from what Ive read on the stocker, the tube needs to be left on.

Now, I may be wrong on all of this, but thats why Im asking the questions......Who knows, I might actually learn something new today!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Are you using the stock carb? I know with the Lectron carb you put the filter directly on the carb, but from what Ive read on the stocker, the tube needs to be left on.

Now, I may be wrong on all of this, but thats why Im asking the questions......Who knows, I might actually learn something new today!
I have a 45 mil mikuni and a K+n designed and built for ron woods. looks like this.

http://www.rotax.net/Photos/Rhino_Carburetor_kit.jpg

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anybody actually had any success with the filter mounted directly to the STOCK carb?

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
filter directly to the carb

don't do it, I did and the performance was better than stock,but here's the kicker...think about it...all this does is suck dirty hot air fromt the engine bay, I had a UMI,and a prefilter and an outerware and I cleaned it on every ride and all it does is ruin the rings on the pistons and wear out the motor quicker, now my engine has gobs of blowby...I put it back to stock and order the RIAS air tube from the air box to the air scoop..hopefull I can still get clean air from uptop and have the performance...these guys who try to sell u on underhood filter onlys contrapsions apparently have never driven a rhino in the dirt!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts