Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the fule pump died on my 04 660 today. I'm sick of having to crank forever when it sits for a few days, or have to charge the lines with fuel if it runs out. I also don't think the performance of it is that great.

I would like to convert to electric. I was looking at this pump, and i'm wondering of anyone has any thoughts about it and if it'll work for this machine.

I have a few ideas on how to set up a relay and fuse to power it, and set up the roll over valve for safety, and I have no problem modding the bracket.

What do you all think? is this a good pump to use?

·
Premium Member
3,134 Posts
Have u thought of installing a primer bulb like boats use. Few of us have done this and it eliminates the hard starts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have. But like I said, I'm not really impressed with the vacuum operated pump, both performance wise and dependability wise. This is the 4th or 5th pump on this thing.

·
Premium Member
3,134 Posts
Thats odd r u buying oem pumps or cheaper aftermarket ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have used stock and aftermarket ones. Keep in mind this is a 13 year old rhino so 1 every 4 years of daily use ain't bad.

If someone could comment on the pump linked above, that would be great.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi john i have the same Hep pump installed on my rhino but I did add a inline regulator as well. I set the regulator at 3.5 to keep pump from putting to much pressure on float. I am by no means a mechanic but I have done what I have to my rhino based on my son's advice who is a certified mechanic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts